or Connect

Posts by iwhelan

FYI for those of you who have the brown Clyde chinos, I decided to wash mine to get any potential shrinkage out of the way, and to have them look less new. I washed gently in cold water, hung to dry, and they did not shrink. I did pull on the legs while wet to mitigate any potential shrinkage. One thing to note though is that these pants have a ton of starch in the fabric, and after going through the wash, they looked like they almost had salt stains on them. I think...
Thanks, I plan on washing cold and hanging to dry when the time comes. I usually will tug on the legs when wet to minimize shrinking. Before I saw your message I actually took my exacto blade and opened the button hole by about 1mm. It looked like it wasn't fully opened in the tapered side to the stitching around it. After that I was able to get it through, and though it's still tight I'm sure it will get better with use.
Have you washed your Clyde Jaspe Trousers yet? I received a pair, and the length is perfect. I'm wondering if you have washed and noticed any shrinkage. The top button is impossible at the moment. I'm going to try to keep working on it and hope I can get them buttoned.
You're certainly right. There is no comparison in quality. The details of these RRL chinos are really great. I simply buy the j.crew chinos for work since I need a bunch of them for travel, and they're acceptable for the cost. I also have a couple pairs of the Epaulet rivet chinos, which are very nice and US-made, but I find slightly them low in the rise compared to the J.Crew and RRL ones, as I am 6'3". I wish the RRL ones were made in the US like the Epaulets...
I recently purchased the Clyde Cotton Twill Trouser in carhartt brown from the Mansion in NYC, right before Christmas. I didn't even know about them, and just happened to be in the area and it had been a while since visiting the store, so I checked it out and found them, which I'm happy about. They were already on sale, but not as low as they went after Christmas. Oh well. This was my first RRL purchase.I usually wear 31 in all of the denim I've bought from Blue in...
Thanks for the reply. I love the Momotaros enough that I'm considering buying a new pair. I've had the current pair for 3 years and they've held up beautifully and look great. With what you said, I may want another pair even more. I like beautiful faded jeans as much as everyone else, but I don't mind if it takes a long time to get there.I like the S0500XX cut because it's nearly identical to the Momotaro 0201. Just thought I'd try something different with a similar...
Hello, For those of you who love Samurai denim but have other brands as well, what is your opinion on how well these jeans wear and hold up over time compared to the others? I guess it may be a tough question to answer since there are different types of denim, but on average? Do Samurai jeans hold indigo and resist tearing just as good as other quality Japanese brands? I'm not interested in getting crazy fades asap. I'm interested in quality denim that looks good over...
Hey guys, I just picked up my 2nd pair of Aldens yesterday, this time at the Alden Shop on Madison in Manhattan. My first pair were the JCrew cordovan captoe boots (purchased a little over a year ago), and this time something a bit more casual and weather friendly, the 403 Indy boots. On my captoes, I had them topy'ed and had a heel plate/tap installed since I tend to wear my left heel unevenly and I was also looking to protect the sole from quick wear on NYC streets. ...
Just ordered the Jcrew Alden cordovan boots last night, and got a great deal. Looking forward to them! Early Christmas present to myself I guess. I haven't seen much talk about this model.
Thanks for your insight. I would rather have the Jumper from LS. I assume it will be reordered and I can probably put a deposit down for that. On the other hand, I have heard of people using coupons on the Jcrew site for discounts on Aldens, even though some folks say that this is not allowed. If this works, it makes it more appealing. I would have to take a closer look at the Jcrew model. I tried on a pair of the Indys at Jcrew in size 11.5 (I am usually a 12) and...