or Connect

Posts by iwhelan

Thanks for the reply. I love the Momotaros enough that I'm considering buying a new pair. I've had the current pair for 3 years and they've held up beautifully and look great. With what you said, I may want another pair even more. I like beautiful faded jeans as much as everyone else, but I don't mind if it takes a long time to get there.I like the S0500XX cut because it's nearly identical to the Momotaro 0201. Just thought I'd try something different with a similar...
Hello, For those of you who love Samurai denim but have other brands as well, what is your opinion on how well these jeans wear and hold up over time compared to the others? I guess it may be a tough question to answer since there are different types of denim, but on average? Do Samurai jeans hold indigo and resist tearing just as good as other quality Japanese brands? I'm not interested in getting crazy fades asap. I'm interested in quality denim that looks good over...
Hey guys, I just picked up my 2nd pair of Aldens yesterday, this time at the Alden Shop on Madison in Manhattan. My first pair were the JCrew cordovan captoe boots (purchased a little over a year ago), and this time something a bit more casual and weather friendly, the 403 Indy boots. On my captoes, I had them topy'ed and had a heel plate/tap installed since I tend to wear my left heel unevenly and I was also looking to protect the sole from quick wear on NYC streets. ...
Just ordered the Jcrew Alden cordovan boots last night, and got a great deal. Looking forward to them! Early Christmas present to myself I guess. I haven't seen much talk about this model.
Thanks for your insight. I would rather have the Jumper from LS. I assume it will be reordered and I can probably put a deposit down for that. On the other hand, I have heard of people using coupons on the Jcrew site for discounts on Aldens, even though some folks say that this is not allowed. If this works, it makes it more appealing. I would have to take a closer look at the Jcrew model. I tried on a pair of the Indys at Jcrew in size 11.5 (I am usually a 12) and...
Hello, I tried to find more information about this, but haven't got anything really helpful. I love the LS cordovan jumper boots, but they're sold out. However, the JCrew cordovan boots are very similar. I understand the LS boots are on the trubalance last and the JC boots are on the barrie. Can anyone explain the differences between these lasts, and if the difference will be very noticeable between the two boots? Thanks.
Yes, Le Doulos is great. Wings of Desire, directed by Wim Wenders Last Year at Marienbad Just start watching Criterion films and you'll be set.
Price drop to $75. These fit a size 12 solidly. I think my feet have flattened a little so now they're a little smaller on me.
Not very often, and if I do, it is from someone I know. But, I work in Manhattan, where everyone is trying their best to look cool.
I stopped by SENY the other day on my way to Epaulet, which is a few doors down. I have been meaning to come in for a while and I'm glad I did. I've been looking at the Selfedge website for a while, but seeing some of the items in person was great. I didn't purchase anything, but hopefully will in the future. I spoke with Thomas and Allen for a while, and they were both very friendly and helpful. I've bought a couple pairs of denim from BiG in the past couple years,...