or Connect

Posts by Caomhanach

Dumb question- what do you want one for? The KJV influence on literature will never be surpassed. The story of the Bible's translation into the lingua francais for the common man is a greater testament of faith than any scholastic quiblling over accuracy. I have a Orthodox new translation of the new testament with lots of ikons and pretty gold on the cover. I use the traditional Septuagint for the old. Both are great for impromptu exercise. The one I carry is a romanian...
Thank God Styleforum is still impartial, polite, fresh, cuttng edge...........
No, I didn't stand up in a karate stance. I am trained in ju jitsu- and western fencing and am a 12 gauge master of ching ching. I stood in a judo stance, big difference. And no, my GF didn't break up with me. She died of Hodgkins disease 18 months later.Civilians Seagull, Chuck Borus , Van Dum & Stallomy all looked real purty in their berets winning the Vietnam war. Big deal, Mary Martin did a better Peter Pan.
Boo in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.
Bigasahouse-sigh, so what can I say? If I claimed to drive one of 6 Ferraris and sleeping with Playboy models thats one thing. But one of the reasons people take martial arts is to instill self discipline and a measured capacity of self defence. Some people can argue that one school can beat up another, but all have merit. I'm sorry, but I live just inland from the Malibu area where Seagull lives. And I did indeed date a girl who was a looker. And we did eat at a...
The karate instructor had a bad case of ego and acne,I'm not sure which. My sensai said ALL disciplines were of value and respected all forms of martial pursuits. He LOVED watching western boxing when two boxers- not brawlers did what is almost a dance of feints. He was against flying kicks. A younger champion came to the dojo and looked like Peter Pan. Sensai said 'Don't do that here.' Kid persisted and sensai got up and told him to make a flying kick at him. Kid did,...
I buried a friend in an abusive relationship. It's easy for everybody to talk of woop ass and 2x4s. There are a lot of fathers and brothers in prison for doing just that. You need to talk to professionals NOW if only to know how YOU can help. Saying goodbye to somebody unrecognisable from facial fractures and mortician's makeup is something I will not do again.
The ridicule by the karate instructor included interupting, deliberately josling and calling out the boxer. The one mark of a true martial artist is self humility. I thought the boxer demonstrated considerable restraint. Wax on,wax off and all that grasshopper.
Funny how martial arts immediately limits itself to asian disciplines. I watched a local karate sensairidicule a boxer promoting a summer camp for disadvantaged kids. The boxer just smiled and faster than you could blink put a right uppercut into his jaw and knocked him cold. They are martial ARTISTS, and it does go into form,charisma, influence as much as being a bad ass. I was at a beachside restaurant with my then girlfriend. Steven Seagull came over and hit on her. I...
Full price for a full tie. I refuse to pay for a label like Hermes or some fake eyetalian shop called Emiliano de Zapata of Milano with the last gondola half cut off at the tip. It's Sam Hober for me. I'd rather have a handfull that stop people in their tracks ( I love pointing out to sea towards Thailand when people ask where to buy one) Than a closet full of dishtowels.