or Connect

Posts by nootje

Well written, I don't think you missed any group to piss off.
Well, I went out for my second round of the year.. If you had asked me 10 years ago whether I would be happy with so little golf I would have said you were crazy, funny how life twists and turns.. Anyways, had a sore back but still shot a very decent 78.. Not bad imho.. @jcman above, my sore back is from improper (albeit very in vogue in the 90s) technique, which will be with me for the rest of my life. Might I suggest just 2 or 3 lessons to get set up properly and learn...
redraw the lines along ethnic groups, then enforce for a while with a tough hand. sort of worked in the Balkans, but ethan isn't a fan of this course..
And some news sources say that turkey now has boots on the ground in Iraq against the Kurds..
The way you describe them, only the YPG and maybe the southern front are worth backing.. With the rest, I kinda have to agree with allan, and lump them together as one group. And none, except the YPG can be trusted enough NOT to do an ethnic cleansing when the common enemy Assad is gone..
1 - I never spoke about high level jobs, but ok. For sure there is a need in Europe for engineers and doctors. I'd like to argue that we need tradesmen as well, which most of the immigrants can become if they simply want to work. What I'd like to see is a program that would not separate them from society, but immediately put them through the employers office, helping them get a job, any job, asap. A lot of unemployment here is also due to lack of flexibility. For instance,...
err, no. I prefer good healthcare, proper infrastructure and a high standard of living..These people don't want to get rich, they want a living.Did you catch this?:http://www.dw.com/en/german-employers-should-hire-more-refugees/a-18673577As I noted here earlier, we could use the influx of younger workers to keep our pension system intact. We just need to start the right debate, that this is all about demographics and money, unpalatable as it is...
Do you still believe that a unified syria is still an option? honestly, the only multi sectarian states that I can think of are all dominated by one, with less rights for the others. And with everything that has been going down, I can only see ethnic cleansings all over when one side wins..
You mean civil war? When the next clinton government will order the army to take away your guns and you all will courageously defend yourself, ultimately banding together in a civilian army that will unseat the tyrannical undemocratic government?im just thinking in scenarios here
Not with the old borders. Only solution Imho is to redraw the lines on sectarian grounds, then help enforce them, and blow to kingdom come any army that crosses it to attack a different "new" country. Kinda worked in Yugoslavia.It would not stop the terrorism immediately, nor stop the fighting. But give direction to the fighting and an anchor (or tie em down, whatever metaphor you'd prefer) to some of those groups.Sadly, as long as Erdogan is around, and the EU not willing...