or Connect

Posts by nootje

Don't know if you smoke cigars, but you do seem to run on alcohol
Ah, that kind of dog. I was once taken to the kennel on one of the airbases i have to visit here, 'if you like dogs you'll love ours' . Nothing lovable about those, and the guy admitted that even though he was trained to take care of them, there were times he felt uncomfortable with some. I have worn a bitesuit once with police dogs when I was invited to a training. Even though I love the critters, it's not for me. Basic training and obedience yes, attack dog no. Although...
true, but considering their abundance in government use here I guess most people can say that they have 'seen' one. Its a whole different matter to see them train or on an exhibition though!Are they as much in use on your side of the pond?
Personally I'd think that in a good working line the DS has tendency to be more independent or slightly less owner focused. Then again this is more of a 98% vs 100% thing, both are very high up there. They usually are way healthier though! As an aside, I only talked about the short haired lines, the long hair and straggy(whatever you'd call that coat) are more laid back. When I see an acquaintance I'll ask him, he used to train the police dogs. (Interestingly he has the...
I've overlooked this thread for too long a time.. Regarding the GSD's I usually tell people that to get a healthy one you'll have to get one from a working line, but that those are just that: working dogs, ergo not for a pet. In short, start looking for other breeds. If you're looking for a working dog though, its possible to get a ferrari for the price of a volkswagen, which is harder in other breeds. I'm happy to report back that the hovawart my inlaws bought turned...
Its the only thing i can think of that could have such dreadful results, either that or your dishes are truly awful. Does your water have a high calcium content? That could clog up the internal lines between the pump and the faucet (whatever the technical term may be). Might be a good idea either way to run it with something that combats it, calgonit or whatever...
water pressure?
Most guys that reach that level with their own company are really driven, to the point of being obsessed with work. The two men that i know that were in this position (one owned a company with circa 2500 people, my father, and a good friend who managed a listed company) both disliked being driven vehemently, as both found that driving themselves relaxed them and allowed them to take their mind of of work.Once you get to that point, and you are responsible/own the company,...
The reason a lot of them like to drive themselves is that it's a great short escape from working. Once they get driven, the work becomes non stop. Mine lost his drivers license twice due to speeding (a lot) and twice he asked mb to send him a stretched s class, and hired a driver. He hated it, and would as soon as he could revert back to driving himself (in that period the obligatory Daimler).For some driving and thus not being able to work is a small pleasure, be careful...
they are in these parts too. generally used, yes, but they fall in a different (less kw) insurance category, and require different plates and license to be allowed to ride. In addition, yesterday I completed part 2 of our required motorcycle tests. Only one test to go and Ill be allowed to ride, which I will celebrate by buying something old to rebuild over the winter months!