or Connect

Posts by warmpi

There's a rule of third for everything and personal finance is no exception. Generally, one-third of your paycheque goes to savings, one-third to rent, and one-third to spend. Hot tip: do it in that order. Set aside your savings first, and then make sure you cover you rent. After that, it's all gravy. Of course, if you want to save even more (as in you have some sort of target in mind, e.g. house, car). That's great. Save more. But don't be a total el cheapo. You only...
is he looking to practice law in the states? because if he's looking to stay in Canada, I don't see the point of attending an American law school.
Quote: Originally Posted by Yachting Man I won't even do it for my son (mostly because I don't want him in this profession). You know, I hear this kind of sentiment a lot -- be it investment banking, lawyering, policing etc. What profession would you recommend for you son?
Quote: Originally Posted by DidYouknow I'm not trying to start beef here but... Most asian guys i have seen are actually mid height if not tall, and are good looking. But thats because i've only really chilled with korean, white and black. From observation. I'll agree asian women are not as busty as white or black, but korean women have the face. This is all backed up by what other people think, its not bios cause im korean. Korean men and women are...
I never thought I'd be quoting Yahoo news, but just today I saw two articles that I thought relevant to this thread (the second one is rehashed news, don't know why it was still in the headlines). Quote: Teen Discovers Promising Cystic Fibrosis Treatment A 16-year-old from the Toronto area used a supercomputer system to find a new drug combination that shows potential in treating the genetic disorder cystic fibrosis, and won top honors for his...
Quote: Originally Posted by Matt which other countries are you referring to there? I mean, Singapore is obvious, but it's ~80 percent Chinese, so it's hard to cite disproportionate Chinese influence there. So what else do we have? Indonesia - nah, I wouldn't say there is undue Chinese influence in business over the Indonesians. Thailand - hard to say. They intermarried going back centuries cos the Thais saw the Chinese coming south with the...
I'm in Vancouver, and in a different field altogether, but I would assume that you could do much better than either option -- especially with a Masters from MIT. (Admittedly, I'm extrapolating from my own group of Engineering friends) Keep your eyes open, and hit up that former employee you talked to who worked under the Croat. She might be able to give you some leads, as she sounds a bit more senior than you and was recently job hunting as well. Good luck
surprised they didnt' mention anything about race/gender/etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by onix It's a possibility that you get the language(s) pack, but not the application disc. You can also check where you downloaded the torrent file, probably they have discussion about installation. pretty sure this is it. which language? i think pimsleur is better than rosetta in general.
Quote: Originally Posted by bach from the comments section I used this site: http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/average I used no one I thought was under 20 and no one I thought was over 50. I used any internet source I could to get about 15-20 pictures each composite. The hardest thing is finding that many pictures of good frontal shots. Most people take pictures at an angle. It is also not always easy to find pictures of every nationality. At...