or Connect

Posts by porcelain monkey

He looks like one of the animals of war in the poster behind him.
Here goes nothing.
This would be my vote as well. Also, if you are investing in nice shoes, think about where else you will wear them. You will likely find brown or oxblood more versatile.
A lot of this comes down to personal taste. I like stripes, but some would call them "schoolboy ties." You can't go wrong with the Brooks Brothers #1 stripe in blue or red.Oh yeah, don't buy a black tie until you have about a dozen others. Navy will be just as versatile and not make you look like you just came from a funeral.
BumpCan anyone advise on Iron Heart sizing?
In the Boston area I'd add Mr. Sid in Newton and Drinkwaters in Cambridge. In Atlanta I second Sid Mashburn, and I think Sid opened a store in Houston recently (or will soon, I can't remember). This store for me sets the standard for what a men's clothing store should be. A well edited collection of essentials that could outfit you for any occasion, head to toe (excepting underwear, which you need to find elsewhere or go without). I go to Atlanta a lot for business and...
How does IH fit compare to 3 Sixteen or APC. I think the rise is higher, but does the wast fit true to size or size down a bit. I'm looking at one of the 25 oz models and won't be able to try it on.
Blue chalk stripe Polo (made in Italy). It is tailored quite well, and the pattern get's noticed. More than one person has asked if it was bespoke.
Nope. Was in NYC over the Labor Day weekend - Purchases at Bergdorf, Brooks Brothers, J. Press, and Barneys Warehouse Sale.
I agree with this. The suit with no tie has become the new business look - not just business casual. I work in a conservative financial services company and suit with no tie is the winter dress code (ties when clients visit). From Memorial Day to Labor Day we go full business casual. It's not just America. I was in Paris recently and noticed a lot of businessmen with no tie during the day. I've seen it in London as well. The Europeans tend to wear much more closely...