or Connect

Posts by osc

Quote: Originally Posted by JohnEnglish Good luck trying to "drop by" for a visit. I tried doing that initally one afternoon during the week and they wouldn't see me without an appointment. I said I had just a few questions and the store seemed empty but in order to "offer the full Garrison expereince" I needed to book an appointment. Can you elaborate on what they did during the "full Garrison experience"?
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnEnglish OK, a quick summary of my visit: not worth the time. The place looks sharp and the guys dress the part but their idea of customer service is trying to get you to spend as much money as possible. I had mentioned previously that I was in banking and they told me, in very serious tones, that no one in Toronto in banking would dream of spending less than $3,000 on a "basic" suit. I had told them that I only wanted...
Quote: Originally Posted by tittle I went to Garrison after reading some reviews on them as well as the old store Fifth - during my first visit I talked to one of the sales people who suggested that I book a time to be fitted and pick a fabric. A week later I was in the store being shown a number of different fabric books - ranging from $1500 - $3000 for a suit. Frankly, I was surprised with the price as it seemed like the suits a Fifth were $1000. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by tricky One thing that caught me by surprise was that they do bespoke shoes as well. Yes, this is a pretty new offering as Peter (IIRC) setup shop about half a year ago - lots of potential. I'll probably end up venturing for a pair in the future.
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnEnglish Hahahaha, I called them a couple of days ago and they said they had plenty of slots to book me in for an appointment. The first thing they asked was if I "worked downtown" and when I said yes they asked if I was a banker or a lawyer. The guy was pretty vague on the phone and dismissive but when I gave the answers I guess he wanted to hear he became friendly and open. I have an appointment with them later on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Odd I/O Have you considered Peter Lee (Lee Baron)? They have a showroom in Toronto near the Eaton Centre. Location is listed on their website. Does Peter Lee (Lee Baron) offer bespoke/custom services or is it more MTM?
Quote: Originally Posted by GradSchooler I looked around at a few others on the internet, but prices seemed to be much higher than my budget ($1000-$1500). Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been to Fifth on King (now known as Garrison), Trend Tailors and Spiro's. I've had suits made by the first two. Being at these three shops, each of them definitely has their niche market. IMO: - Garrison is catered to more of the Corporate/Banker...
ty OP - ordered a few pairs
I'd recommend Shoe Healer (https://www.shoehealer.co.uk) - Excellent Services and Pricing
Quote: Originally Posted by Fast Eddie Past by this place recently. Very posh, great service and nice people. I am surprised that the price is not outrageously high. Full custom suits starts at low $1000s and they are 100% locally made in Toronto!! I've bought a bunch of suits recently but will definitely give them a serious thought on my next purchase. They are located at the downtown core on 26 Wellington St., very convenient. Anyone has any...