or Connect

Posts by MrRogers

Flusser is a hot mess! With that hair and crazy grin he looks like the people I admit to the psych hospital. MrR
If you find something you like in the leather market feel free to haggle over the price a bit. I bought a couple briefcases for less than the tagged price of one. I'm going over to Florence, paris and monaco in a few weeks and found the info on this thread very helpful also. MrR
The runway stuff is all drama, you'll never see it in a store. Yes, his runway stuff is silly but i'm guessing that most don't even know of any other fashion designer besides Thom Browne. Look at what Galliano put out on the runway for his women's shows the last decade and then comment on the wearability of Thoms work MrR
Homeschooling is not a good idea if it can be avoided. School teaches kids essential social skill sets that are essential to their development. Oftentimes parents of the kids I work with approach me with the idea of home schooling and I always advise against it Mrr
Big wins only feul gambling addictions.... The house always wins; In a few years he'll be pennyless if he doesnt smarten up MrR
Quote: Originally Posted by Violinist That's ridiculous. In fact, I'd be so incredibly embarassed to know anyone who puts "PhD" on any plain sight document... Many individuals seeking psychological services are looking for "psychologists" Ph.D.'s and Psy.D.'s over MS level "therapists." In this situation, a distinction is necessary as some therapists were grandfathered the label of "psychologist" and do not hold a doctorate degree. Your...
I dunno, I have to disagree with that. I've been in academia (psych) for the better part of my life and whose with doc degrees have Psy.D. or Ph.D. on their card. It is assumed that if one is called a "psychologist" then they have a doctorate as MS level practitioners default to "therapist". Perhaps this is different in other fields such as research as the above poster mentioned IMHO if you get through a doctoral program you deserve to put it on there MrR
I do psychological/IQ testing in my work and one section of a particular measure consists of 20+ questions of general knowledge... You could not imagine the answers I have received. Just as an example -In what direction does the sun rise? "um...over the ocean" -At what temp does water boil? "500 degrees celsius, NO farenheit" -On what continent is the sahara desert? "Definately Europe" I could go on and on MrR
I was lucky enough to have my every financial need met during undergrad. Still, I always had a taste for the finer things so I worked 25-30 hrs a week personal training at a local gym. The money I made was both saved and spent. I never felt comfortable lounging around spending my parents money even though I think they pretty much expected me to. To me it just wasnt right to be wearing 500$ shoes that I didn't earn. Even today, as I work on finishing my PhD my parents...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jovan I suggest you guys stop being dickheads. You're basically cracking on him because he accepted the generosity of another member... really, what the fuck? This is the second thread I've seen from Connemara to get flooded with this kind of bullshit, and it's really says a lot about the MC posters here. Dude, are you connie's boyfriend or what? Let him handle his own business. Why don't you go to NYC too and...