or Connect

Posts by MrRogers

I dunno, I have to disagree with that. I've been in academia (psych) for the better part of my life and whose with doc degrees have Psy.D. or Ph.D. on their card. It is assumed that if one is called a "psychologist" then they have a doctorate as MS level practitioners default to "therapist". Perhaps this is different in other fields such as research as the above poster mentioned IMHO if you get through a doctoral program you deserve to put it on there MrR
I do psychological/IQ testing in my work and one section of a particular measure consists of 20+ questions of general knowledge... You could not imagine the answers I have received. Just as an example -In what direction does the sun rise? "um...over the ocean" -At what temp does water boil? "500 degrees celsius, NO farenheit" -On what continent is the sahara desert? "Definately Europe" I could go on and on MrR
I was lucky enough to have my every financial need met during undergrad. Still, I always had a taste for the finer things so I worked 25-30 hrs a week personal training at a local gym. The money I made was both saved and spent. I never felt comfortable lounging around spending my parents money even though I think they pretty much expected me to. To me it just wasnt right to be wearing 500$ shoes that I didn't earn. Even today, as I work on finishing my PhD my parents...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jovan I suggest you guys stop being dickheads. You're basically cracking on him because he accepted the generosity of another member... really, what the fuck? This is the second thread I've seen from Connemara to get flooded with this kind of bullshit, and it's really says a lot about the MC posters here. Dude, are you connie's boyfriend or what? Let him handle his own business. Why don't you go to NYC too and...
Quote: Originally Posted by torotoro \\ If you're talking about boxes, it is generally held that for serious long term aging (10+ years) its best to leave the shrink wrap plastic on the boxes during storage. Few cigars will benefit from a decade of aging; most will have lost a substantial amount of flavor at that point. Unless you are hoarding davidoff dom perignons i'd smoke em after 5 yrs max MrR
I just bought a z4 BMW and I love it. Hard car to beat at that pricepoint... MrR
Quote: Originally Posted by Augustus Medici I considered eBay, but I'll only recover maybe $5. On advice from a friend, I went to the local community college's music building and asked around. I was eventually pointed to a room where, lo and behold, there was film and a special sort of heating machine that seals. lol Seems like a lot of effort for a 15$ movie man. You kind of remind me of my roomate in college who would ask the waiter to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy All my life I've been a quite person. It's not that I'm socially withdrawn or excessively shy, but rather I've always been more inclined to listen rather than talk. I'm now beginning to believe that this may have adverse affects. That is, when I want to start a conversation I'm often at a loss of what to say. Furthermore, when I've succesfully initiated a conversation, it seems as though I struggle to keep it flowing....
170$ for a pink hoodie? Champs sells em for 15$ MrR
crew neck and a suit or sportcoat is a no no unless you are in the waste management business. MrR