or Connect

Posts by mordecai

follow up: My wife doesn't even believe you.
Of the 6 Arab nations you've visited, where does it rank?
I love pretty much everything from Sausalito up to Point Reyes. Last time we were lost near the forest and drove into some secluded spiritual retreat though, and nobody would help us with directions or anything because they were having a "silent day." no joke.
Driving around Umbria and Tuscany was amazing but nothing comes close to driving Marin.
At the end of July I'll be staying with a friend at 14th/Mission for a few days. Is there anywhere safe and affordable for me to park? I could probably keep my car further away since I won't need to drive while I'm there.
Sunday we did carne asada tacos, grilled artichokes, and shrimp ceviche. Made ratatouille last night with eggs on top. Will probably have the rest with rice and an herb salad tonight. God I love summer eating.
That's fair. And again, not a huge preservationist here. I would love for an F-5 tornado to touch down in Alamo Square and lift that postcard right off the block.
I'm not religiously pro-preservation or anything, but I think the attitude in your post is the same held by the people that have been turning places like Forest Hills and Beverly Hills into awful shit holes. Maybe that sort of thing is inevitable and I won't lose too much sleep over it either way, but I think the idea that people don't owe anything to the visible character of their neighborhood is an ugly one.