or Connect

Posts by mordecai

Any other recs in the ~2k range?
Should we get a Smeg or a Bosch? The Smeg is really beautiful in person, albeit a little more retro than my taste is usually. The Bosch is narrow and decent looking and has 2 more cubic feet of space. price is roughly equivalent. can't decide if the size difference is substantial enough to trump the better looking machine. Smeg (white with bottom freezer): Bosch
Tangent, but as part of the work we're doing at the moment, we finally replaced the aluminum windows in our front room with wood ones. Our contractor's window guy salvaged the frames from the 1920s windows on a wall we removed, and then salvaged door molding from the same wall to use as window molding, so that it would match that of the older windows remaining. He milled a sill that matches perfectly and we are having new sashes milled.Anyways, when our handyman came over...
Thoughts on the new Eli Broad museum? I like it, but people have been complaining (natch) that it isn't as good as the rendering. The reality does kind of look like a cheese grater Rendering: Reality:
Sorry, been busy with law school and preparing our house for the twins. I'm frustrated because I don't know if the approval survives or if they really need to do another whole appraisal. We already started tearing the house apart.
Been in equity loan approval hell for months. We finally got approved for the full amount this past week, but it had taken them so long to check every box that their appraisal from three months ago expired and has to be redone.
#abortionapparentlyismurder
whats happening here?
You actually declare the real stuff you're bringing in? No wonder they laugh at you.
I no-soaked beans I used in pistou soup the other night. added a half hour and they were perfect.