or Connect

Posts by tradernick

Okay.
Oh didn't you know? Rat poison and arsenic don't kill kids.Get it?In any case that's not the point. You said you don't care what tobacco companies put in cigarettes even if you know that those ingredients kill people. Same dif.
You may not believe it, but there's a vast amount of scientific evidence that proves it does. You are partially correct in that it's the combusted nicotine + all those other chemicals that's at the heart of it. Just to make it clear, the tobacco companies added those chemicals in order to optimize what they referred to in internal documents as their 'nicotine delivery system' (search it if you don't believe me). They knew it's addictive and they sure as hell knew that...
You apparently don't get it, although I have a feeling you're just trolling. But just in case you actually didn't know this, they did not have research indicating a lack of connection between smoking and cancer. They just hired a lab to make the claim that they had studied the issue and had come up with no correlation. By that time, everyone on the planet knew smoking caused cancer. The tobacco companies knew it best of all.The idea that it's okay to put poison in food as...
The tobacco companies knew that nicotine is addictive and causes cancer. Instead of trying to engineer a cigarette that reduced the risk of their customers getting cancer while still being able to smoke, they engineered the cigarettes to increase nicotine absorption by adding other (even more carcinogenic) chemicals, thereby increasing a) the potential for sales as people become more addicted and b) the risk that their customers got cancer. They did this while telling...
I see. Well, in that case we've established that you're not a libertarian. Because secretly seeding products with poison in order to generate business is totally antithetical to libertarian ideals.Of course you would also have no problem with a funeral home conglomerate buying a small candy company and then seeding the candy with arsenic and rat poison in order to grow their undertaking business.Correct?
I'd be interested to know - are you for or against tobacco companies chemically/structurally engineering their cigarettes to deliver the maximum amount of nicotine into the bloodstream per cigarette?
A step in the right direction for sure! It needs a bit of tweaking IMO. A little too washed out on all my monitors including a 3007FPW with a nice S-IPS panel in it. The font is definitely one increment too small. In the BST area, it's hard to see the lines that separate the ads. Also, there needs to be significantly more contrast between the background color of posts and the white border which surrounds them (where the username appears). On all my monitors they appear...
The new look is a step in the right direction, but the default is too washed-out looking. I can't see the dividing lines between ads in the BST area. You need to tweak the colors so that it doesn't look so washed out and so that division between on-screen elements is sharper. For example, on this page there needs to be slightly more contrast between the background color of the post itself and the border which surrounds it (the white area in which our screen names appear.).
I'm not a troll so I'm not going to get into a long exchange with you on this. I appreciate the response. I went back to see when the big switchover happened. I can hardly believe this (you'll notice I said 'months' since the change to Huddler occurred) but has it been a year and a half?? Sorry j. To me, something's wrong.The sorting function, which was supposed to be one of the bedrock changes that we could take advantage of, has been busted for 4 weeks. I don't believe...