or Connect

Posts by tradernick

Yeah, and that suit is on sale right now! It's made of mohair, though, and I have no idea what that's all about. In any case, it won't be the first time a new suit has been purchased to fit a shirt, I suppose. I'll think it over. I understand that the majority here are advising against wearing that shirt with a black suit. I do have a blue suit here but it's a Samuelsohn and a little too straight for this shirt, I think.
What an eye opener this thread is. I scan the Duchamp website and see some of the beautiful pieces there, and I look at this shirt which is so well-made. I truly do not understand the idea that this shirt is 'loud'. Didn't everyone see the Bijan thread? I mean, seriously. Loud?
Yes, I saw that tie at the Duchamp site. This whole question came up for me because the first time I wore the shirt, I wore a black tie with a faint pattern and a woman who I was working with said 'Love that shirt but you need to wear a solid tie' so I was feeling like maybe a pattern was a mistake with the stripes. The Duchamp website shows that they sure as hell don't think a pattern in the tie is a mistake with this shirt. Thanks for the response.
M-C, thanks a lot for that helpful post and for the pics. I have not yet progressed to the point where I'm past staple suit colours and jackets as anything other than a part of a suit, but I probably need to expand my horizons a bit. Your mid grey idea seems to have been seconded below so I'm going to try that as a first choice other than black.
Ah, right. I didn't think of that. But then how did sellers post pics in the old forums? Everyone had to use some sort of hosting service and do it manually, right? Maybe the mods had a lot of complaints from prospective sellers who said they didn't know how to post links from Photobucket etc?
Hey SpooSo just a pocket square? Yep, that sounds right. Maybe this shirt is so nice that if I show up on the gig without a tie, they'll look at me and say 'Holy crap, that is such a nice shirt' and forget that I'm not wearing a tie. : )Fact is I can't wear denim on the gig tomorrow. It's at the Ritz-Carlton and you should see the rider for contractors. Even the sound guys loading in in the afternoon can't wear jeans in the place. I'll just have to go with something else...
You may have clicked on the wrong thread. I don't think I said that, did I?
One consequence of the new setup is B & S threads like this one http://www.styleforum.net/t/262538/steal-it-2-9k-black-isaia-aquaspider-3-2-roll-killer-suit-would-fit-a-42r-awesome-cut-drape-fit-every-man-needs-one-so-own-the-best/0_100 Sorry to pick on you, MiamiRedskin. The suit you're selling is amazing. In this thread, the seller has used the site's picture posting system to put up a bunch of pics, which appear in thumbnails at the top of the post. In order to view...
http://www.duchamplondon.com/plain-mohair-suit-royalPlease learn how to quote a post.
Here's the shirt on the Duchamp website, in situ. I understand that this type of look isn't for everyone, but can't it be appreciated on a purely aesthetic level? Surely anyone who is into fashion must look at this and say 'Yes, it's bold, and no, it's not for me, but I can see it on certain people in certain situations'. http://www.duchamplondon.com/plain-mohair-suit-royal-8660 EDIT: Anyone who doesn't like this shirt should definitely avoid this...