or Connect

Posts by tradernick

Looking for the Spurr Pipe Leg in rigid, size 32 or 33. I've purchased several of these from SF, and it's time for a new batch. I love the way they look when they're new but I have found that they fade pretty quickly. Possibly this is by design. I'll need a pic of the leather patch to make sure about which model year I'm dealing with. Shipping will be to Toronto. Please indicate your asking price in your PM. by the way, this is the exact pair I'm looking for in 32 or...
I don't think there's an unwritten rule about no returns, it's just that asking to return something that doesn't fit is the act of a wimp. I think that some guys might even accept returns from established buyers, if the buyer eats the return shipping. Having said that, what a load of bullshit from this buyer. I don't believe for a second that he took one shoe out of the box, tried it on, and never even looked at the other one. I've never done that in my life, even when...
Trading is the ultimate test of individual judgement. Decisions are evaluated by measuring one thing - equity. There is no one or no thing responsible for my equity, except me and my decisions. There's nothing 'sure' in trading, except that bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered. I used to think this was a corny bit of rhetoric, but I've learned over the years just how true it is. I didn't say I was sure. My statement reflects my belief, a strongly...
Well, let's try to be as accurate as possible. If you're talking about an indexed buy and hold strat for the U.S. equities markets, you would have to amend that statement to read "a 40 year investment may return close to 10% annually"
A complete answer to your questions is hard to provide here. A few things to think about You need to take on more risk today to have a shot at 8-10% than you did at any time in the past 50 years. If by cash you mean the U.S. dollar, it's a commodity that doesn't provide a very good risk/return potential. If by stocks you mean the US equities markets, you have only to look at their performance over the past 10 years to know that 10% a year is a dream at this point. I do...
Yes, found this page through Google. Not sure if it's a mistake or just a stale quote.http://www.gayot.com/lifestyle/automobile/lists/top10luxurysedans/bentley-mulsanne.html
Yeah sorry, I had just edited my post before you posted. I just searched for a Bentley FS on DuPont, saw that one at $185K recent and figured it was the lower end.
Yeah, I'll bet that where you live and in the other major world cities (Toronto is sort of a big small town in some ways) there are probably plenty of these cars tooling around. I do agree that if you show up in the larger AMG S class, you get the cred from those who know what it is. I'd be interested to know what you see these days that you feel is surpassing those ubiquitous lower-end Bentleys in terms of ultimate cred? Still Rolls-Royce? Do you see Maybachs (I've never...
Hi Fok. You mean you don't see the main page load for a second and then get greyed out, followed by the footwear page reloading? Hmmmm.. that's strangeWin 7, Chrome here as well, v 13.0.782.220 m. I switched to Chrome just to try it out on the site, after years with FF, and I've stuck with it so far.Just tried the process in the SW & D forums, same thing for me. I loaded the main SW & D page, then clicked on 'Denim' from the drop down menu. Got to the denim main page and...
Well, looks like my biggest complaint is getting addressed, which is really great. The back function in B & S sub-fora now works... sort of. If I click on 'footwear' in the MC drop down, I get the listing of all footwear. I click on a particular shoe that I'm interested in. Then I click on the back button (or in my case, press my mouse scroll wheel over to the left, which is set up to take me 'back' from any webpage I'm on to the one I was previously one). What happens is...