or Connect

Posts by tradernick

Quote: Originally Posted by letmebefell Loafers will definitely work, and if you want to find elongated, trust the Italians and go to yoox.com. These would work, for instance: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CRISTI...s/sr_salemen80 Yes, these are cheap shoes, and yes, the quality means that you're not going to wear them for ten years, but they'll look good. Thanks for the link, I'll check to see if they will ship to Canada. If they do...
Quote: Originally Posted by Modernist Well, that pic was more of an example of the shoe style, than the colour, but now that you mention it... Yes, if it contrasted enough with the black suit, a similar belt and a complementing tie would help. After all, you're not dressing for an interview, but for the stage. Here's me with a pair of wingtip slip-ons... Ok, you can definitely see most of the shoe in the second pick of you where you're...
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel tradernick, did you PM me a question about suit/socks? if you did, please send again as I accidently deleted it. Guys, thank you all for these comments, it helps a lot. I wore the suit on a gig for the first time tonight and I have to tell you, it went over big. ed, yes, I did send you a PM. I know so little about this stuff, even the basics are unknowns to me. I think I was asking you about the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday From a historical perspective, chelseas enjoyed a huge wave of popularity just as the narrow-lapeled look that influenced TaT hit its peak. If you check out the old Avengers TV show, the main character, John Steed, always sports chelseas with his (spectacular) skinny-lapeled suits and sportcoats. Aesthetically, the slim, tapered trou on a TaT suit are crying out for a sleek, streamlined shoe, and chelseas fit that...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday TaT suits are almost begging to be worn with chelsea boots. Sleek monks would look great too. I'm not much for most loafers, but if you like 'em, the right pair might work. TaT suits are stylized, so there's room for self-expression. I agree that every guy needs a pair of black captoe laceups, but I think that's a separate issue from what would work well with your suit. The choice of shoe is more dictated by the...
Brian comments seem authoritative, but just one bump here for any further comments.
PM on Medium Red!
Quote: Originally Posted by Daskb I Have 3 Pairs Of Croc Loafers From Lv That Alone Will Take Your Idol To Eat Dirt, Needless To Talk About Other Stuff. Bring It On (cough... hack.... cough). Even a lowly noob like me has already figured out who aportnoy is and what the name means vis-a-vis shoes. Slow motion train wreck. Unfortunately, the comment above about feeding the troll is probably correct. The internet is the greatest thing to ever...
PM sent on #8!
Sent you a PM