or Connect

Posts by tradernick

PM sent on #4
Quote: Originally Posted by letmebefell Got the shoes from Yoox. Didn't even try them on for fear of cracking the leather. Lesson is, once again, that there are cheap shoes, there are good shoes, but there are no cheap good shoes. Thanks for the info, that's good to know. Hopefully a few people will read this and save the hassle of returning them.
Pm on #3
Quote: Originally Posted by incastoutcast ... to solve this and other problems, I highly recommend sniping, using a sniping service. I've been using Gixen for a while, and am very happy with it. That said, don't you dare snipe something I'm going for! Thanks, Wallis. Just read about the sniping services at that Wiki. I'm off to the Gixen site right now to check it out. There's a ________ up at eBay ending on Sunday night that I have to...
Quote: Originally Posted by VMan There isn't any kind of program that will do it. Hypothetically the seller could use an alternate Ebay ID to place bids until becoming the highest bidder, then cancel the bids and place a final bid just under yours. However, this would raise red flags with Ebay, and I doubt it happens much. To answer your second question, it all depends on the item and how much someone else wants it. Thanks VMan, see my...
I'm going to try this question in here, maybe the mods will move it. Let's say there's an eBay item you want and you're not going to be at the computer when the auction ends. You put in a 'Maximum Bid' which is i.e. $50 higher than the present bid. What are the chances that the seller can use a bidding bot of some kind to automatically bid above you and force your maximum bid to be reached? Does anyone have any anecdotal experience or any knowledge of this kind of...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier I wear the AE Byron and AE Westgate without issue. I also wear a pair of Python BOSS slip ons and a Perry Ellis loafer too. I have a pair of western side-zips that look really good with the TaT too. Just don't wear clunky, square toed frankenshoes and you'll be fine. luftvier, thanks for those specific details. I'm off to eBay right now to search for the shoes you mentioned. by the way... love...
Pm sent
Well, here's what you guys had to say Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday TaT suits are almost begging to be worn with chelsea boots. Sleek monks would look great too Quote: Originally Posted by kaxixi +1. This has been my experience with very narrow pants as well. Chelseas allow the pants to fall lower, and a bit more naturally than lace-ups do. I love wearing RMWs with my narrower pants as a...
Quote: Originally Posted by letmebefell I do have a pair of the $58 Lendinis waiting for me in the office. I'll post about the quality once I try them. I'd be interested in that, thanks.