or Connect

Posts by tradernick

Well, for anyone reading this who hasn't used Gixen, just a quick update. Apparently you guys with multiple pairs of $500+ shoes decided to take pity on me and let me have these I got this pair of Santoni Ellison's for $79. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=250285660487 Now... if they're real, and if they are in anything close to the shape they appear to be in, then I am wondering how the hell I could get such a deal. Whether or not they fit doesn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by unaware What's the difference if the knock-off is of nearly the same quality as the real deal? I thought the SF M.O. was to buy quality, not name brand. But yeah, this mostly occur with brands that are not SF endorsed. Wow, interesting question, one that honestly hadn't occurred to me. I have a feeling that if you polled SF members and asked them if they would be happy with a product if they purchased it as an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac I plan to bid $600.23 Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Then you will be crying like a little biatch because I'm maxing out my bid at $610. C'mon now you guys!! Let's go easy on a younger guy trying to make the jump and build a decent wardrobe!! : ) After all, you guys have several pairs of $500+ shoes already. How many more do you need? What's that? You need one more...
[quote=lee_44106;1267497]With all due respect to your dry cleaner/alteration seamstress, she has no friggin clue what she's talking about. She would not know a Santoni from a Santini from a Santana the musician. [quote] lol.. I'll let her know you mentioned that In her defense, she was specifically talking about women's handbags but she did seem to think that the problem might extend to my Santoni shoes. Whoops, did i say Santoni? I meant Canali. It's a...
Quote: Originally Posted by erdawe I've bought 2 Santoni's from ebay, and both I'm positive are real. Leather's too good, and I second the comments on target audience and what products are worthwhile for these overseas companies making fake good. This thread may have helped you learn about fakes on ebay, but it also may have helped blow your spot (not that I'm going to the one bidding). Good luck. Hmmm... good point. It'll suck if I get...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac Here are the exact figures I got from eBay's CEO. The chances of there being Santoni fakes on ebay are 0.1%. The chance that there are *worn* Santoni fakes on ebay being sold by a 400 feedback 100% Positive seller are approximately 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%. Wow, I'm impressed by your connections! Thanks, this is making me feel a bot better. In the end, I understand that I'm buying a...
Quote: Originally Posted by maxnharry If you're looking at something like Tiffany, Louis Vuitton, Armani, etc than I would worry about fakes. Products like Oxxford, Santoni, Edward Green, Incotex, etc are really too niche to warrant the making of a fake. I suspect Lin was talking about goods that have wider appeal. Hi there Yes, she did mentioned Chanel specifically when she was making her comments. I see, so the more niche products will...
I hope I can leave this post in this section, as opposed to WTB. I was at my dry cleaner today - she does my alterations as well. I was picking up a pair of RL jeans that I had hemmed. We were talking about getting older and wanting to start wearing better clothes. I told her that I wanted a pair of Santoni Oxfords and that I had found a great pair on eBay. You know how sometimes someone looks at you just after you've voiced an opinion and you just get the uneasy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman and so they will bid and bid and bid until they find out what your max bid is, then they will bid just over it. This is, needless to say, a foolish and entirely counterproductive practice on the part of the second bidder, but it is surprising to see how frequently it happens. Journeyman, thanks for your comments. Yes, I did a Google search on sniping and found a few studies on price discovery which showed...
PM sent on #4