or Connect

Posts by tradernick

Oh no, terrible news. A guy who reinvented himself how many times? And was apparently in the process of doing it again (only heard one cut from the new album). Check out this footage of him in 1996. He could have been milking the Let's Dance thing for mega-millions, but he decided to change it up completely - his look, the sound, the way he moved around the stage. This band is absolutely killing it (some won't love the song but whatever). I've heard that he played none of...
Two weeks?? These have been here for two weeks? Unreal. US 10D = insta-buy.
Hi guys My nephew is a sophomore at Columbia and he's figuring out that he wants to up his game in terms of dress. We're working to build out his wardrobe. At the same time he knows that I'm into good frags and he has asked me about what to buy. I'm trying to get him some samples so that he can figure out which frags and which base ingredients appeal to him. I'm happy to pay for anything you might have in terms of samples or very small testers or decants. I went to the...
Just to clarify, I was saying the transaction in the secondary market was legit - spot seller to spot buyer. You feel that it wasn't? If so, why not?The original transaction between Drew and the buyer was potentially fraudulent if Drew knew he was losing control/and or didn't particularly care whether he ever actually delivered a jacket or not. Unfortunately, it's probably very difficult to prove criminal intent there, because Drew can just say 'I honestly thought I could...
It's a dick move. It's not in his best interest to get involved in any way. He's out of it. The transaction was legit and that's that (unless seller is an insider who knew that non-fulfillment was imminent). dePt has the right idea.
I understand your complaint about English speakers. But if Wikipedia suggests there are 800MM proficient and semi-proficient English speakers worldwide, that number is way too low. There are 450MM in USA, Canada, Australia and the UK. There are 1,600MM people in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, where English is relatively common compared to other countries. Many Germans have some English as well as every Dutch person I ever met. It's relatively common in many African...
That's great that you're getting value out of it. I think this guy objected to the marketing pitch that was accompanying the watch. I got interested because I read a Slate article in which the guy said that Swatch was basically marketing this as the Second Coming of the mechanical watch. Some of the press release stuff did seem a little over the top, but hey, it's all about the value for you. I'm sure there are plenty of mechanical watches at the same price with similar...
I did a quick search and couldn't see a reference to it, so just in case this hasn't been posted, here's one man's take on the new Swatch Sistem51 watch. Warning: graphic pics of a watch being torn apart are included. http://watchguy.co.uk/review-a-trip-inside-the-swatch-sistem51-eta-c10111/
Oh, we've done that. Several times.Anyone else?
We can only hope it's an ESL issue, but we've seen worse from native speakers. As you say, RIP.