or Connect

Posts by Bob Loblaw

I use a Tusting case that I've had for a while now and noticed some small spots on my hip that I believe was some polish transfer from my bag rubbing against my hip when I used the cross body strap. I cleaned it, applied some oil, let it dry, repolished. I noticed another spot on my hip today so I buffed it some more. When I go over it with a clean white cloth I am still seeing small amounts of polish being picked up on it. I've been at it for a while and I am still...
What purpose do you need the suit to serve? Wedding? Interview? Personal / social? Out of all the ones you listed - in my opinion BB is the safest place for a beginner.
Since there isn't a 'odd sartorial images' thread this will have to do. I call this pose 'The Seinfeld'
As far as budget watches go, the ubiquitous Timex Weekender gives you a lot for what you pay. I binned the awful olive nylon NATO strap that came with mine and bought one from Lake House Leathers who offers a good product at a low price.
I've owned a pair of Drapers for a while now and I have no complaints.
I will tell you but first you must tell me the secret of aloe vera.
This looks much better than the smaller sized suits in your earlier posts. You seem to be between sizes for this particular brand and model and now it's a matter if it's an easy fix for a tailor. There's too much fabric in the back and it's causing a collar gape which is noticeable in the picture in which you are seated. Also as noted above the trousers are too long.
Did you take a picture, recreate the image in colored sand, take a picture of that and then upload it? Seriously the length looks correct for a traditional jacket. You definitely do not want something longer than what you have on now. A more contemporary jacket would be about a half to an inch shorter than that.
Sometimes quirks of corporate culture or a boss might steer you in a direction other than what would be recommended here. I have a friend who worked in IT for a large bank who was not allowed to wear pants that did not have pleats, for instance. If I were in your situation I would find someone in your office who dresses in a way you could see yourself dress, and copy his look. Then as you move forward in your career develop your own style and tastes. My shoe recommendation...
Typically in a business casual environment you can get by with a button-front shirt and khakis just about every day and maybe a polo shirt on warm Fridays. What are your co-workers wearing? Do they wear suits and ties? If a jacket is required, I would consider a sports coat or a blazer because of your proportions. No reputable off the rack suit will fit you. As far as shoes are concerned I would recommend starting with Allen Edmonds seconds at the very least.