or Connect

Posts by indy116

I'll play. This morning I was thinking about ceasing the clothing purchases for the month.
Quote: Originally Posted by mattypants NC has long been a textile (and tobacco) state due to its abundant cotton crop, until most things started being produced in asia. I saw a Ted Koppel show on Discovery channel showing cotton being picked in NC, shipped to China where it was woven, the fabric shipped back to the Ethan Allen factory in NC and combined with various other parts made in China to make a couch (now it's considered Made in the...
Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Fridays before Colts games are unofficial Colts gear days at work.. Probably 20% of the 3000 employees has on something Colts related, with lots of jerseys being worn. I bought one this past season using a gift card I got from buying my TV and only wore it on those days. I was very relieved that Jeff Saturday signed on for 3 more years this week
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Is it better than Five Guys? The mere concept seems better to me. We have Steak and Shake across the street from Five Guys. I think I like Five Guys better. Haven't been to Steak and Shake in a couple years (drive by daily..), may have to stop by sometime this week. The cheesey fries at Steak and Shake are good, but I like the fries at Five Guys better.
Quote: Originally Posted by insp86 Wow... this might be even better! It is pretty neat. I'm on week 7 now. I've never been a fan of "electronic" music, but the set beat speed and such have been nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by insp86 Hey- I hope all is well. I'm kinda stuck and I need some gear advice. I'm trying to do the linked plan to turn myself into a runner. Basically it involves intervals of running and walking, building up from an even split to full 30 minute runs. The problem is I need a good timepiece which beeps (or better yet vibrates) when it is time for me to switch from walking to running. Some of the sequences are pretty...
Sorry, looks like I edited my post right as you were replying. Jim's is down in Cincinnati. I wish it were in Indy!
Don't know that Jungle Jim's would be classified as a "specialty food store" but it's an awesome store for buying food at! I don't think that all of their departments are best of breed, but they all combine for a very neat store to visit. I've made the trip to Cincy a few times just for the store. http://www.junglejims.com/ I'll have to check out Goose The Market, thanks!
I went to high school in the area, down US 29 at a stop light called Burtonsville. Mom taught in Columbia, dad worked in DC and Bethesda. I haven't been there in about 10 years now, but I remember the generic feel of the town. The schools should be pretty good for the kids. DC & Baltimore are both close enough to drive to either for cultural things that the burbs don't offer. My parents drug me to the Kennedy Center, Ford's Theater, National Theater, O's games,...