or Connect

Posts by Sweetness

Any suggestions for the tailor? Thanks so much! Sorry about the last two pictures - I'm not sure why they're not rotating.
There's a shoe website that sells a bunch of different kinds of shoes, all at pretty deep discounts. I specifically remember that there was a large selection of Paul Stuarts with the logo crossed out. Ideas? It was a pretty rudimentary/basic website...
Beautiful Canali Sport Coat Brown/Black/Green Condition: Like New. No Rips, Tears or Stains. Gently Used. Description: Two-button single breasted enclosure, no vent on the back, three exterior pockets and four interior pockets. Has a beautiful design with light brown buttons. The inside is also fully lined. Measurements (Laying flat, Unstretched): Underarm to Underarm on back: 23 inches Length on back (from under the collar): 32.5 inches Sleeves from shoulder seam...
Mildly off topic - any idea on the jeans worn by the tailor (?) in the last photo? Brand/model?
I would HIGHLY recommend McDougal's Chicken in Hillsboro Village, right next to Vanderbilt. I went there between two and three times a week for four years. Trust me - its phenomenal.
Wow, who would have known a simple question would turn into such a debate - haha. So, I went to the Levi's store and I thought the best one in the store were the Levis 514x (slim and straight) Heavy Worn jeans. I'm looking for a similar pair but wanted to see if there were any "designer" brands I should look at in addition to these? I liked the color of the pair above, the distress in the thigh area, the low-rise height, and tightness in the thigh area with a...
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm So in response to the suggestion to find slim straights, I see that you have found a pair of jeans called slim straights that you do not like. That's not necessarily the best way to rule out the idea of 'slim straights' entirely, y'know? That pair looks less straight and more tapered, anyway. The jean that you describe as enjoying, slim at the thigh, little wider at the bottom, very often is actually a slim...
Quote: Originally Posted by mlyngard Elaborate. I like the fitted look in the thigh area with it bing more comfortable as you go down. I feel like the straight leg jeans just scream hipster and are likely to be a pair of jeans that will be uncool very soon. Quote: Originally Posted by zissou ^Agreed. I should have prefaced that I spent a lot of time in Jackson for a previous job. Yeah - I'm an East Coaster...
Quote: Originally Posted by zissou Slim-straights, man. I'm tellin' you! Unfortunately, I feel like this is exactly what I don't like:
Quote: Originally Posted by constant struggle the jeans you have pictured do not fit a preppy aesethic they are complete trash find some dark wash levi's 514s and call it a day, unless you want to buy premium denim.. "Complete trash" - wow, not what I was expecting. Haha. The reason why I thought those were decent was because they were pretty clean cut thigh-down and I liked the "wear" marks above the thigh. I would not be opposed...