or Connect

Posts by lhooq

Quote: Originally Posted by cchen I'm familiar with the menu. I go there maybe once a week. You are dead wrong if you think any other restaurants are putting out similar food. I don't have a problem with you not liking the restaurant, but please don't make up things. What am I supposed to have made up? Isn't the food just pretty standard Asian fusion? The ingredients may be higher than standard quality, but I still don't see anything...
Quote: Originally Posted by cchen What do you feel is mediocre about it? It for sure is over hyped but he is putting out food no one else is doing... This is the menu. I don't see anything groundbreaking on there. The pork buns are pretty good, but so are McDonalds fries. The rest can more or less be had at any of twenty restaurants within ten square blocks. This guy made an ok ramen, good pork buns, played loud music, made people sit on...
I've been to six of these. The fact that Momofuku Ssam is ranked 31st is mindboggling. It's overhyped, mediocre food in a not-that-cool-but-very-uncomfortable environment.
Barca is terrifying. From the Guardian liveblog: "27 min: It's difficult to put into words just how under the cosh Bayern are. Their defence is in complete disarray, their midfielders have barely got a touch between them and their only chance of salvation seems to lie in the hope that their goalkeeper's injured face will swell up enough to block a decent sized portion of the goal. A team of 11 traffic cones would put up a better show than this lot are at the...
Haha. Manu down 1-0 in the 4th minute. Punks.
I think that, technically, the big teams could do it in time for Malaysia. However, as someone mentioned upthread, the changes that would need to be made to the cars could end up decreasing performance overall, so without testing and limited wind tunnel use, it's going to be a risk for any team to try it. My other impression is that many teams are still holding out, hoping that the appeal on April 14 finds the Williams/Toyota/Brawn diffuser illegal. If...
Made it last night. Let it sit in a brine for two hours beforehand, then rubbed some salt, pepper, and garlic on it, in the oven at 425 for 25 minutes, and it was damn good.
Who else is excited for this season? Brawn/Honda is a pretty incredible story so far, but we'll have to wait and see whether they have what it takes to win races. McLaren seem to be in big trouble, but I'm in the ABF (anyone but Ferrari) camp, so Brawn or BMW (would love to see Kubica take the championship) are fine with me. Ten hours left until Friday practice...
Lear, I'm moving to London in a couple of months and will need to find a good gym. What do you use? Are there any good chains that you can recommend? Thanks!
I am going to an assessment day at a large law firm in London (City). The email invitation says: "For your information, [law firm] operates a 'business casual' dress policy." Is this a way to try to weed out the idiots who don't wear a suit to the interview?