or Connect

Posts by freshcutgrass

Here is another variant of the Toogood table. Hopton white stone cube, a long horizontal cylinder in English walnut, a vertical cylinder in Italian marble and a frame in brass-plated steel mesh. The glass topped one reminds me of the Metafora table by Vignelli.
A: There is evidence of how knowledgable these folks were.B: They weren't "behaving badly on the internet"....anonymously.
Ok...let's test that theory of yours. When I said "design is the new art" I was acknowledging the fact that the concept is out there...and it is. So I do know what I'm talking about. Your personal "feelings" about it are irrelevant. The fact that you get hostile about it is interesting, but equally irrelevant.Theories are only as good as the evidence to support them. I may very well not know what I'm talking about....but you haven't provided any evidence to support it.
You think there's a correlation? ha ha The fact that he needs (and...cringe...thanks you for) your validation doesn't bode well for that theory. The fact that he is "defining art" for us pretty much tells me everything I need to know about how that theory applies to him. I've given the little attention whore too much of my time already.The fact of the matter is that if it is being marketed as art, in the art economy, and it is being consumed as art, and it's primary...
Well, it is if I say it is. I love the delusionary perception that your observations = empirical fact.How could anyone who behaves so poorly know anything anyway?
80k is not a lot of money in the art world, and design is the new art. Pick the right design and that 80k might look like a bargain in a few years.Besides, plastic coffee tables have been expensive for a long time....I remember seeing this ad for a Gary Gutterman solid acrylic coffee table in AD back in 1977.
The Barcelona sofa pretty much sums it up for me.
Speaking of 1st Dibs, this coffee table showed up this week...Faye Toogood’s Element Table in blue resin. No price listed, but Phillips de Pury was asking $80,000 for one a couple of years ago.
Auction prices can be ridiculous too.1st Dibs allows you to "buy it now".I like it as a reference source. It's a bit of an enigma.
This Reggiani wall sconce (pic from internet, but the same as mine)