or Connect

Posts by freshcutgrass

Classic Peter Blake At auction
I love both Evans and Memphis (PoMo in general). In fact, I think they should be mixed together.In a fit of nostalgia, I've decided to bring back the Patrick Nagel print.
You can't help noticing every single thing. There's some tension, but they all seem relate anyway.I have 4 of those Kaiser Idell lamps (vintage). I notice DWR is now carrying the reissues.
cool.... even cooler!!! .........
Here in TO we have a jazz station that broadcasts live-to-air concerts from their Long & McQuade Performance Hall. I am in Parkdale with a quality 300B SET based sound system, with a rooftop MD ST-2 antennae with a direct line-of-sight to their CN Tower transmitter (signal is strong with little compression).I was blown away by the sound quality of their live-to-air broadcasts, and have decided to tape them. I considered 15 IPS RTR, but instead went for a quality cassette...
Yea...ok hairdoo.If arguing the finer points of fake Eames chairs is what constitutes the wider issues surrounding art and design, then I suppose I'm guilty.Risom fails where McCobb succeeds.
This Gae Aulenti for Knoll Jumbo table. Never seen it in mixed marble before. Have to go back with reinforcements to get it home...this is some serious weight.
I was kidding...there's literally millions of them.The two most overrated/overhyped products in audio history are both turntables...the LP12 & SL1200
They are so rare!! ha ha
If you are excluded on the basis of being an immigrant, then both North and South America have little "home grown" talent during the early 20th century modernism. The entire basis of Brazilian modernism is the blending of native and European sensibilities.Tenreiro was living in and making furniture in Brazil before Rodrigues was out of diapers. He pioneered what would become the influence to later designers, including Rodrigues. As an important designer of the 40's and...