or Connect

Posts by teddieriley

That's when you tell them you were in yesterday and so and so was helping you. Up to the ringing associate I guess if they credit the original sales guy. At least you tried.
Are Brooks' Peal and Co. shoes sized in US or UK sizing on the website? Was interested in these: Chukkas, but only if I can kop on significant discount. Anyone familiar with the shape of the toe? Kind of dumb they don't have an overhead shot, just a shot of the bottom of the sole.
Sizing down is your best bet. In my experience, you can still layer pretty well underneath it, including over another jacket or a heavy sweater, but could get a bit snug.
Confirming that NR Moscow jacket is pure awesomeness. I picked up the black one in a size L and, unfortunately, have found it fits a size too big. Anyone have an M (in any color) they may want to swap or otherwise return (but can't)? I'll gladly take it off your hands directly. Let me know!
It's a nice basic sweater. I have something similar and tend not to button the 1 or 2 bottom buttons if I'm not wearing it open.
That's what I end up doing. I'm so Italianate.
Thanks buddy. That's helpful.
FWIW, I also took one size down (32, being 33 in trousers). When going 2 sizes down in the slim fits, while I could button them, the upper block was just too tight in the thighs and crotch, like I was wearing women's jeans. I thought the waist had a good amount of snugness, and with some nominal stretching from wear, would fit best after several wears. I was not confident the other areas would likewise stretch. I work out regularly with decent size legs if that helps.
Unfortunately, I've found the FJ collar to be a bit flimsy for maximum popping effectiveness (MPE). Wish it had some sort of leather/suede collar band or something to give it some support when popped. One side usually ends up falling down in a matter of seconds. This is true even when I have a shawl collar on. Still love the jacket though.
I have both RRLs in slim fit and the Big John. The leg and taper are the same. The rise is slightly longer with the Big Johns, which I'd consider more of a mid-rise (as far as jeans go). The RRLs fit with a lower rise.