or Connect

Posts by YoungM

I made some dye out of padauk shavings (an reddish exotic wood species) for a jewelry box I'm making. The color is awesome, and it immediately set my mind to dying everything I could think of - notably, t-shirts and charity shop floral shirts a la Schneider.
I bought this as well - unfortunately, I'm finding it too hot to wear it in the UK at the moment. It's a super gorgeous piece. Was surprised by how positive non-fashun people were on the color.
Given that we disagree on this (and that you don't see it as a disagreement, but are sure that it's dishonesty on my part), there is obviously no space for discussion between us. Given how intelligent you clearly are, I'm surprised you don't see that.
It's amazing to see all the hallmarks of alt-right argumentation - pompous verbosity, dog-whistles, indignation at "PC" critiques, insistence on supposedly obvious standards - applied to clothing. Revolting, but kind of amazing.
Any recommendations for a nice tech short, a la Outlier, that is easily obtained in the UK? Normally, I'd just go for Outlier when I'm in the US, but shipping is $30, which puts me off them a bit.
A little late comment on the "FASHUN" discussion - I strolled around DSM this weekend, and man, that store has a vibe. I've wandered around some expensive stores in NYC, but only at DSM (on two occasions now) have I been completely surrounded by people who seem waaay more into fashion than I am. I own four pairs of CCP footwear. Led to some introspection/discussion with the girlfriend on the way I enjoy fashion. I think I only ever made it halfway out of the...
nah, canada@gmail.ca
That's including your tax for being european. The most expensive iPhone model in the US is $950, which is still kind of crazy.That said, that's not much higher than phones have been for a long time. We're just paying for them differently in the US now, which confuses some people.
Not to state the obvious, but this dude is just one hype-cycle beyond these people, if that. At this point, I think it's hard to find a hipster who isn't at least somewhat conscious about the class-yearnings and pretensions possibly lurking behind everything they do.Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die.
Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I would imagine Herman Miller presents brands with a fairly small list of things they can change for a collaboration - protecting the brand's image and whatnot.