or Connect

Posts by Margaret

WTH is this nonsense? How often do you find yourself scrambing for some lost item while you're on the phone with someone anyway? Are you guys completely disorganized? And if it does happen, why not just say "hold on... let's see... I just had it here... somewhere... hmm.... where... did... that... go... hmmm.... okay, got it!"? "Choo-choo-choo?" That's just insane.
never mind
Quote: Originally Posted by celery Maybe she's half giraffe. What does that say about McCain's judgement!?!? Uh, that would make her half-African. Should he not be eager to tout the GOP's big umbrella? That would be a problem for you? Fucking racist.
Oh for Pete's sake. The face shot is a fairly recent pic -- you really think she'd have dressed and posed like that RECENTLY? They could have at least tried to airbrush the face and hair to make her look 15-20 years younger. Second, check the chinline and the outline of her hair against the cabinets. Third, the fake shadows are a nice touch, but jeez, was hubby (or whomever) supposed to have been using studio lighting or something? Those shadows suggest far more...
As I think about it, it's curious that it's conservatives whom we associate with the rights of the unborn, and it's liberals whom we associate with the rights of the unconceived (e.g. "we need to protect the planet for our children's children.") Anyway, to the extent that the Earth's resources are limited, we certainly shouldn't squander them, but... who are we saving them for? I like a good Christmas strawberry.
Quote: Originally Posted by dirk diggler you cannot be serious. Besides the corrupt Ted Stevens, what does Alaska count for? Black gold; Texas tea.
Quote: Black Tie grazes through the history of this remarkable garment, marking its highs and lows and defining its evolution. .. Should be entertaining. A photo of Daniel Day-Lewis, perhaps?
Quote: Originally Posted by romafan Another Hawaii 5-0 vote. The Odd Couple was catchy. I also liked Edith's warbling on the All In the Family song...."Gee, our old LaSalle ran great - those were the days!" +1 on 'The Odd Couple'. Good call. The opening theme of 'All in the Family' rightfully gets all the attention because of Jean Stapleton's magnificent singing voice, but the song that played over the end credits, 'Remembering You', is a...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad What does "wombat" mean in this context? I'm missing the reference. I believe it's a combination of 'woman' and 'dingbat'. Be heartened by the implied recognition that the two terms are not synonymous.
Some really great pop musicians got theme song gigs in the 70s... Taxi - Bob James IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g....