or Connect

Posts by Margaret

Quote: Originally Posted by JORDAN MARC Margaret: Save yourself the trouble of slogging through the garment district. Head straight for Tender Buttons on East 62nd Street (Just off Lexington Avenue). It's Buttons Central -- gorjuss stuff -- in a twelve-foot-wide ground floor shop. Seek and yee shall find the best blazer buttons. Remember to buy extras in coat and sleeve sizes. JMB Well, I have two specific places in mind and will be in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford Nice job Johnny Mac. Hold on - I did NOT have sex with that girl!
Quote: Originally Posted by maxnharry The child is Palin's and not her daughters. She merely has shockingly bad judgement: flying after her water broke, passing by hospitals in Seattle and Anchorage and having the baby at a small town hospital with no neo-natal support. Had there been complications they would have been sent back to Anchorage. Her unmarried daughter is currently pregnant. Family values...
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm not concerned with sartorial 'correctness' as much as avoiding buying buttons that I might end up thinking look really odd once they're sewn on. I guess I'll just see what I find and take it from there.
Should a blazer necessarily have shanked buttons? Or does it matter? Heading into the garment district in NYC to see sort of options I can find.
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Well, part of what troubles me is there is not, to my knowledge, a site like, say, "fuckdaviddukeintheass.com". In other words, the contempt is expressed in a way that is somewhat specific to her gender, which is something she shares (sort of, anyway) with other women. My question about her being black was intended as a real question, not snark. If the hateful comments incorporated race -- ugly lynching comments...
Quote: Originally Posted by Étienne Absolve me of what? The list of continents, in French usage at least, goes something like this: Africa, America, Asia, Australasia, Antartica (sometimes omitted), Europe. Total 6 (or 5 if you omit Antartica as they do for the Olympic rings). As far as I know the list is similar in English usage. I am aware that sometimes Australasia is not considered as a separate continent but lumped with Asia, but that's the only...
Doesn't quite absolve him, but Quote: [The Americas] French usage In French, as in English, the word Américain can be confusing as it can be used to refer either to the United States, or to the American continents. The noun Amérique sometimes refers to the whole as one continent, and sometimes two continents, southern and northern; the United States is generally referred to as les États-Unis d'Amérique, les États-Unis, or les USA. However, the usage of...
Wow. And I was surprised by the level of misogyny Hillary brought out in people.
Ha, damn, I should at least spell correctly when I pwn.