or Connect

Posts by Margaret

Quote: Originally Posted by Babar Hmm.. They/their can be used to refer to a person of unspecified sex. They're commonly used that way, but those usages are (technically speaking) incorrect; they and their are strictly plurals. I'm just bustin' chops, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow I leave my trees in when I polish my shoes. Am i missing something? The tongue. Though I've been known to leave the trees in too from time to time.
Anyone know whether Woodbury Commons or Westbury tends to have a better selection?
Quote: Originally Posted by Thracozaag A little transcription I did of the gorgeous tremolo study by Francisco Tarrega: http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=OOPtlVYzOu4 (warming up before a concert in Germany--ended up playing it as encore) Gorgeous. Is there any music originally written for piano that has that same tremolo effect? Though I guess there are relatively few pianists whose skills would be up to it. Kudos and continued success!
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumbie I've given up at this point. *queue someone to show up and say that it's informal and they will write correctly when they need to (complete with lolzorz)* "...he will write correctly when he needs to."
Trust your instincts here. Too much.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Some classics: Thing is, these women are the female equivalent of douchebags. Generally attractive, but dress and groom themselves in poor taste, are likely superficial and probably behave like sluts. Same as the guys. I fail to see the incongruity.
Could be, I guess. Depends on the wedding. How formal is it?
Quote: Originally Posted by antirabbit Violin bowing should have movement in the fingers and the wrist actually, which is more efficient than just the elbow or wrist alone, not possible when polishing shoes. I do use my bow technique when polishing shoes though! Don't remind me; a couple of years of forced lessons in my youth. Not easily forgotten. Sadly.
Quote: Originally Posted by vitaminc For black shoes I like to spit shine at least the caps so I can peak at ladies underpants You're far too easily aroused.