or Connect

Posts by Margaret

Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy sure - but is a bookbanning wacko really vice presidential material? it's analogous to tapping one of those world bank protestors that screw up traffic in DC for VP. It's just weird. Plus, doesn't anybody find these "loyalty tests" ridiculuous? That's dubya politics all over again. Palin seems to have a tendency to put personal loyalty over competence; that's how we got "heck of a job, brownie" in the bush...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter ok, so, not to raise another issue about Palin, but I would like to get a grasp of how this is viewed - she tried to get the town librarian fired for not pulling harry potter and a few other books off the shelves. doesn't that worry anybody else a little? list - http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/s...comment-119807 Are you bothered by these specific choices (though the list has already been at least...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter the biggest issue is that you really, really have to be sure that you understand what is going on. you don't want to get in the middle of something that you have misinterpreted. Agreed. I think this points to at least part of the reason a crowd of people might tend to stand around witnessing a physical altercation without interfering. Each person thinks, "well no one else is getting involved, there...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube I've been keeping kind of a running total. Here's what I have: Bang her silly - 91.78% Bang her silly and hide the checkbook - 7.22% Killjoy - 1% I'm going with the consensus. Tuesday and Thursday next week. Probably mid-day. May I ask why you're waiting? Five days is like five months in 'willing-waiting-hot-young-flesh' time.
Quote: Originally Posted by celery With laughter.
Who says "broad"? Are you a visitor from the 60s?
Ha! Money.
^Hmm, don't think so. This is what caused a bit of a kerfuffle at the time: Quote: "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas," Barbara Bush said in an interview on Monday with the radio program "Marketplace." "Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality." "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway," she said, "so this is working very well for them." Mrs. Bush toured the Astrodome...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo For sure. She's way better than all those female-impersonators who have gone before her as First "Lady" (I'm looking at you, Barb) Partisan
Quote: Originally Posted by Baron A lot of people criticized him for this. My girlfriend found it repulsive and she had previously (and inexplicably) liked him quite a bit. +1 I'll admit I didn't see the level of righteous indignation expressed about Edwards that I do about Palin, but most people I heard speak of it found it at least troubling if not sleazy, and I certainly never heard anyone praise him for his "resilience and perserverance". ...