or Connect

Posts by Margaret

Quote: Originally Posted by romafan Another Hawaii 5-0 vote. The Odd Couple was catchy. I also liked Edith's warbling on the All In the Family song...."Gee, our old LaSalle ran great - those were the days!" +1 on 'The Odd Couple'. Good call. The opening theme of 'All in the Family' rightfully gets all the attention because of Jean Stapleton's magnificent singing voice, but the song that played over the end credits, 'Remembering You', is a...
Some really great pop musicians got theme song gigs in the 70s... Taxi - Bob James IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g....
Quote: Originally Posted by millionaire75 Rockford Files. Ah, that show was sweet. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Milhouse There was a time before cellphones and email. Meetings still needed to be arranged... Yeah, you do realize you're writing this on teh interweb, right?
I have mine in case I need to contact someone urgently, or vice versa. It amazes me that so many people regularly carry on actual full-fledged conversations while they're out. Then again, I hate being on the phone at home too. Phones are just an unnatural way to maintain a relationship. Let's get together sometime, else... have a nice life.
Quote: Originally Posted by blackplatano http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item...+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ I saw that key ring and now feel the urge to spend $175. Knock some sense into me. I'm sure an argument could be made that somewhere along the line in the production of that keychain, someone somewhere was somehow oppressed or exploited; surrendering that $175.00 might jeopardize your street cred.
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney Some excellent choices so far. I would add Greatest American Hero Three's Company Moonlighting Different Strokes +1 on Greatest American Hero; I actually bought the sheet music when I was a kid. Taxi Hawaii Five-O Lou Grant Hill Street Blues Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Anything with Babs. Quote: Originally Posted by lithium180 Even Yentl? I actually like 'Yentl' and think she was great in 'Hello Dolly'. I don't think I've seen anything else she's done. Oh yeah, 'Prince of Tides' - I don't really remember it, so I guess I wasn't impressed.
Quote: Originally Posted by AntiHero84 A toss up between Oldboy and Ichi the Killer. Leave it to the Japanese to make some of the most disturbing films of all time. Also, Salo was pretty awful. As far as Asian cinema, Oldboy and Audition for me. Irreversible might top them both.
From what I recall, she's fairly attractive and generally appealing on camera... but clearly, still photographs do her no favors. That first one in particular.