or Connect

Posts by Margaret

Quote: Originally Posted by Eason Who doesn't support turning gays straight? I don't. Frankly, I don't need the competition.
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy This is perhaps the stupidest thing I've read in CE in a while. How? Why? What? I'm not even sure where to begin. Let me try to at least understand this statement - are you saying that the more immoral someone is, the more likely he is to become religious? Or are you saying that in an immoral societal climate, people are more inclined to turn towards religion for guidance and comfort? Or did you just think that...
As they say... epic fail.
Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 So we're all in agreement that religion is just a hypocritical shield for bad behavior and doesn't make you a better person? If it were so, your solution would be...?
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I don't know if you watched the clip, but she literally destroyed him. I am not a big Fox fan, but she is quite a spitfire. Would you say that about a tough young male reporter?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Not the NYT, but still the comparison is fairly shocking: That's interesting, I caught a glimpse of this Palin cover today, and interpreted it as completely sympathetic, even defiantly so (i.e., "lies being spread about our sweet Sarah.") Is that not the slant of the actual story? Edit: just watched the Fox clip -- so it is referencing lies being told about her. I completely read it that way at...
Quote: Originally Posted by frozenintime I want more. I've actually had them duplicated at Mr Ned once, but was not entirely pleased with the result. For starters, they only work in wool and I am looking to use a similar fabric as the original. I went to Hong Kong Jack this week and was quoted $500 fabric included. This is about twice what they were at Mr Ned, and when I questioned the price he walked over and pointed at a full color reproduction of...
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 True, but someone had to make a decision about where the line was. But only after a very thorough review of the materials in question. It must have been very hard.
Playboy used to be pretty modest back in the day; crossing the line into Penthouse/Hustler would have meant the difference between a public library and a pubic library.
I'm thinkin' Southern-Nupe was probably being tongue-in-cheek about the Piper dig. Anyway, what is the big deal about Piper anyway? It's not that strange. Piper Laurie? Piper Perabo? I'm sure there are others I just can't think of right now. You'd think she'd named her Dweezil or something for all the snark. Edit: per wikipedia, Laurie and Perabo are the only two Pipers of note! I'm pretty impressed I came up with both of them.