or Connect

Posts by Margaret

Bump. Any opinions on this? Thanks.
Can someone give me an idea of what Hallak might charge to dryclean a tuxedo? I know the general philosophy is to dryclean only when necessary, and to steam otherwise, but even lacking stains or some other visible distress, does there actually come a point (a certain number of wearings, or a certain span of time) where is steaming is insufficient, and a good drycleaning is prudent? Because my tuxedo sees the light of day only once or twice a year, judging by the...
In my experience, a blend may look great off the rack, or even after a couple of wearings, but inside of a year, it will start to wear like crap. The fibers won't respond well to drycleaning, it won't drape naturally, it'll start to pill slightly and/or shine, etc. That said, if you need a well-fitting suit and time is of the essence, fine. Just don't expect to get more than a few months to a year of good use out of it. At that price, it might be worth buying two and...
Here's another. http://picasaweb.google.com/LeoJayCr...52406936187602
I imagine all of the Daffy's selection were seconds. The insole of this pair, I didn't realize until afterwards, is maybe a quarter inch short of the toe, and the coloration is a bit uneven, but I would imagine that's easily corrected. I've already worn them a few times without even worrying about it. http://picasaweb.google.com/LeoJayCr...52400210990594
Quote: Originally Posted by ThinkDerm photos of the shoes? I think I still have a photo of one pair in my email, I'll look; the others I'll have to photograph and post later in the week.
This thread is the only substantive informational reference that came up when I Googled Eduardo G. shoes. I've bought 4 pairs over the last couple of months, at one Daffy's or another in NYC. It would have been 6 pairs, but the other two styles I liked haven't been in stock in my size. At $69.99/pair, I can't imagine I've ever gotten a better value on anything. I was even seduced into a pair in black, after having sworn to never wear a black shoe again. Right now,...
As they say... epic fail.
Quote: Originally Posted by frozenintime I want more. I've actually had them duplicated at Mr Ned once, but was not entirely pleased with the result. For starters, they only work in wool and I am looking to use a similar fabric as the original. I went to Hong Kong Jack this week and was quoted $500 fabric included. This is about twice what they were at Mr Ned, and when I questioned the price he walked over and pointed at a full color reproduction of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thomas I came this close to putting Anne Hathaway as an option but chickened out. Besides, the topic is sharp knives, not sharp knees.