or Connect

Posts by insOma

I did read the "guide to breaking in jeans," thanks for steering me towards it. I'm getting the impression that not washing the jeans ends up the way I'd imagine it to: stinky. I understand the Kia/BMW metaphor just fine, but what if I'm more curious about a Mercedes vs Porsche comparison? Elsewhere on this forum I've read that some of the Gap selvage is Japanese-made and of good quality. Does their stuff still fall into the "Kia" category? And again, does something...
I have a few questions about these expensive jeans I've been reading about on the forum here. . . While I've never owned a pair of $300+ jeans, I do appreciate nice things, and I'm not afraid of saving up a little and spending some hard-earned cash on something that's really qualitatively better than the average product. I've been looking into Japanese denim, and find myself considering a pair of Sugarcanes or Skulls or something similar, to see if they're really...
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtrider123 im really liking the tumi leather ones, and i saw them onsale somewhere cant remember right now, but they look really classy yet practical, like this one http://www.tumi.com/backpacks_messen...90170#Features what do you guys think? I have the Tumi Canyon messenger bag and I really like it. Its just big enough for the essentials: my 12" iBook, power adapters for it and my phone, a book, passport wallet,...
Does anyone have experience with indi jeans? Its one of those 'make-your-own-jeans' websites, and it looks like they have pretty nice stuff. Any opinions?
The bags from Saddleback Leather look really awesome, although they're not cheap. I'm trying to talk myself out of splurging for the larger bag in a few months, although the more I look at them the more I think I might lose that fight.
Quote: Originally Posted by mikejones Here's my Aero FQHH, the jacket to die for. Its a Stockman: http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_1639.jpg That brown FQHH is amazing, so many subtle shades of brown. Its going to look incredible in a few years. I'm guessing that one's pretty new. What kind of lining did you get in it?
Quote: Originally Posted by thinman My best casual belts are from here: http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/ I don't think he has black buckles, though, and he's a one-man operation, so I don't know if he'll ship to Norway. If you like his aesthetic, you should ask. After seeing this post, I checked out the website and ordered a "bridle" leather belt, dark brown with "wheat" stitching and a solid brass buckle. It came out really well,...
Aero recommends not doing anything to their jackets, just wear it and "don't baby it" and the rest takes care of itself. Horsehide is different than other leathers, though. I think generally when you try to artificially age something it ends up looking that way: artificial. You might be able to have some pockets added by a good tailor or by someone in a leather shop. You can get an idea of Aero's prices here
Its a "Highwayman." Aero needed maybe 4 measurements and nailed it.