or Connect

Posts by Doctor Quack

Clarks retail stores, some department stores (Nordstrom, others?), other independent stores. They're really not that hard to find, though you may not have the greatest selection of colors. Here's a store locator (though I can't guarantee these places will have DBs specifically): Store Locator
^ They're made in Vietnam.
I've always thought that that particular style of shoe was bizarre, what with the silly cat on the toe and the awkward profile (is it a big shoe or a small shoe, it seems like it is uncomfortably in between). I'd say white/black is the least offensive, but you really should be looking for a different shoe.
Quote: Originally Posted by erbs What's the consensus on wearing desert boots with shorts? I like the look, but I'm worried it's a bit affected/ J Crew catalog. Thoughts? This was discussed quite recently here. It works, but not for everyone.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDroog Why do I need to go to a separate page to do a search? Why do I need to fill in the letters "jFxCGY" every time I have to do a search? It's slow, and annoying. Make it easy. Let people type right into the search bar and hit Enter. Done. What are you talking about? Sure, you have to wait 15 seconds between searches, but there's no "are you human" things for registered users (who are signed...
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisjr I'd rather compare it to a slavery movie where a slave fights back against his white oppressors but, in the end, gets hanged. Danny Vinyard is just a young guy fighting back against black gang oppression. You know what happened right before the photo that is my avatar was taken? Three black gang members threw some white kid on the ground for "ratting them to the teacher", offers to help him up, and then kicks him while...
^ It's not especially risky. There's a reason measurement charts exist, and you can always call the stores if you're unsure about something. Return policies vary from store to store, but at the very least they'll let you do an exchange. Plus, many people don't live anywhere near stores that sell these brands, so buying online is the only option.
But those other people are wrong! Any person who honestly prefers Ed Hardy/TR/etc. has a couple screws loose. Bedazzled pocket flaps are a crime against humanity. There is no flexibility on this issue.
It might just be how you're standing, but the APCs seem large/roomy (if that's what you're going for, I guess that's cool). The stacking also seems a bit weird, especially from the front. How much did you size down?
Quote: Originally Posted by ekaJ If you disagree with this blogger, that's fine. If her opinion makes you mad, you've got issues. Your wardrobe is not 'above' anyone else's in the world. Sheknowbest's taste is just as valid as yours, it does not matter if we're arguing Ed Hardy vs. APC. Raw denim, perfect silhouettes, quality construction, etc. are things that people only like yourselves care about, the same way there are wine connoisseurs, art experts,...