or Connect

Posts by Doctor Quack

superdenim is a sub-forum of the other SF, superfuture. Their encyclopedia thread can be helpful if you have general questions about denim and such.
MMM = Maison Martin Margiela GAT = German Army Trainers A number of different manufacturers/designers/whatever make GATs in a variety of colors and so forth. ETA: Beaten to the punch because I R SLOW
Quote: Originally Posted by Lane lol, I really think I shoulda went there. Maybe I could have had people to share my torment with! Complaining about school work, classes, professors, etc. was pretty much the most popular activity there, so you wouldn't have been alone. Self-deprecating humor would be a close second. Quote: Originally Posted by mike868y I'm involved in some extracurriculars and have made a really good group of...
Quote: Originally Posted by mike868y yessir. pretty convinced this may be the most depressing campus ever. most of the kids spent all their time in the library so that they can get a lower GPA then people at more prestigious schools that do grade inflation and the small percentage of kids who do have fun are usually athletes who are struggling just to pass. I have a good time, but the more I talk to upper classmen the more I'm not looking forward to the...
alt solution, see this post.
Quote: Originally Posted by yesssir I remember when I first joined sf and I listened to everyones advice and sized down 2 on PS and I couldn't get the top button fastened. I thought this would be the perfect size because everyone said apc's stretch two sizes. The waist stretched out perfectly, but the thighs stretched very little. In the end I was stuck with jeans that looked painted on in the thigh and perfect in the waist. I ended up selling them...
Quote: Originally Posted by sq4you When I walked into their store, I did not come armed with my super special coupon book full of discounts for every item that they sell. I don't have any friends that are still stuck in college and which could get me the student discount. I also do not sit around their front door waiting for the sale signs to show up so I can spring in and cop it all at deep discount. Someone should send you the decoder ring....
I'm inclined to do the same, and I honestly haven't bought much GI in the past year or so (more Half Acre, Metropolitan) so it shouldn't be very hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by JSC437 Does Coors own the New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire beer)? New Belgium is independent. Coors does make the psuedo-craft beer Blue Moon and such. As for Goose, what's happened (or will happen, I guess) makes me sad because I just know in my gut that A-B/Inbev won't be able to resist doing what's in its nature. Buying local's just not the same when the money's ultimately going elsewhere. I also hope this doesn't...
Since I'm waifishly thin, I have had to do most of my J.Crew shopping online and pay their outrageous shipping fees when I don't have a coupon or don't feel like playing the "Let's buy more stuff than I intend on keeping solely to reach the $150 or whatever threshold, promptly returning the unwanted merchandise to the local store" game. Also, I tend to buy things at substantial discounts; if this means I miss out of something, meh. I've never noticed security or bag check...