or Connect

Posts by Doctor Quack

I looked at the APC website and it seems that there are no retailers in Arizona that carry their wares, so assuming that the site is up-to-date, it seems that you're out of luck if you want to try them on before buying, unless you don't mind taking a trip to California or Nevada.
Where else can the 7'5" man get his 28x40 jeanz? Joking aside, the jeans don't seem particularly special, though it's nice that they give you the option to not have all those "enhancements" found on many jeans today. I'd wonder, though, what they consider a person's "perfect" fit. Also, I found this question on their FAQs page amusing: Quote: How will my order ship? We ship all of our orders with UPS Ground. UPS cannot ship to US Post Office...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew V. I expected this thread to be about the redesign of the website itself. The sale section is even more frustrating than ever. You'd think enabling people to view items according size would be really convenient, but J.Crew somehow managed to screw up such a simple concept. I don't know anything about programming, but I'd think that pull-down menus for the range of sizes, etc. would be easier (and visually...
I'd never heard of Amway before this morning and then this afternoon I saw a commercial for Amway/Quixtar on TV showing how successful (and happy) everyone involved with the programs were. Should I be concerned? Is Amway watching me on the internet?
I prefer over-the-calf mostly because I hate falling socks. I could wear those stylish sock suspenders but it just seems like too much work for no good reason. Plus, OTC socks provide that extra warmth in the over-the-calf region.
1. As a general concept, I'm not sure how I feel about eco-friendly and/or organic Ts. Supposedly they're better for the environment, but I'm curious what sort of concessions companies, organizations, groups, etc. make in order to produce their products without pesticides or chemicals or synthetic dyes. Do cotton-growers need to plant more cotton (thus using and clearing more land) in order to insulate themselves from less bountiful pesticide-free plantings? Do they use...
It's definitely okay to wear similar sorts of things everyday. I usually don't deviate from the T-shirt and jeans combo, but I do add more layers when appropriate. Then again, my school isn't known for its fashion-conscious student body, and the school's promotional materials make it seem like the students still dress like it's the early '90s, so YMMV. I also wear these to class, work, etc. (weather permitting, and even not ), so you probably shouldn't listen to me...
Quote: Originally Posted by shoe thanks i saw that. but dont everyone measure like that in general? when someone posts up measurements on buying and selling, there is always someone who asks for the BiG measurements, but i would think the first measurements are done that way. I think it's the slight variations of how things could be measured that causes people to ask for a specific "standard" of measurement. People may have differing...
BiG sizing method explained (demonstrated?) here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41
I'd say that the larger than expected waist size is due to the low rise (something like 8")... Anyway, ansem975, what size waist(s) do you normally wear? (I know this is potentially meaningless due to the rise, but whatever...) I've been thinking about getting some 008s but I'm a little unsure about what size I should get.