or Connect

Posts by Doctor Quack

Nudies are bought for the cut; maybe the washes if you're into that. Quote: Don't forget that the pocket stitching really sucks and isn't something a denim purist would enjoy Different folks, different strokes. Given the back pocket designs for some of the "denim purist" brands, this just sounds hilarious.
Quote: Originally Posted by El Argentino With Elastane in weave, I highly doubt it. This is just nonsense. Elastene/Lycra/Spandex don't make it impossible for denim to be unwashed. I'm not saying it's common (certainly more-so for women than men), but it's certainly not impossible. Anyway, to TrenTality's original question, it's hard to tell from your pictures. The way the waist is holding it's shape (or seems to, based on the angle of the...
Anything but imageshack, it will rape your soul. Photobucket and imgur seem to be suitable for most people.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol You've missed the entire point of what he said. He didn't say, "Why can't I buy well cut pants at Wal-Mart?" I didn't mention Wal-Mart, this isn't something specific to Wal-Mart. Quote: He's asking why there's such a dearth at lower-priced retailers in general. So, "Why can't I buy well-cut pants?" The only difference between those two questions is that one is specific and one isn't....
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol Yeah, because everyone on a low budget doesn't care about fashion, that's why stores like H&M and Uniqlo are doing so poorly The average American clothing shopper isn't going to the H&Ms and Uniqlos of the world, precisely because they don't care about fashion. For most people, clothes are means to an end; disposable commodities for a utilitarian purpose. Expecting mass market retailers to "rock the boat"...
They probably don't see profit in doing so. Besides, it's not like the unwashed masses know or care if something fits poorly.
^^ There are usually incremental differences in thighs, seat, knee, etc. when comparing waist sizes; otherwise they would be out of proportion (or, technically, a different cut). As to the specific thing you mentioned, have you tried e-mailing/calling AE? Not knowing anything about AE denim, the best I can say is probably. Also, you can't really depend on tagged sizes, especially between manufacturers/designers.
First, take a deep breath; you don't want to rush into this. Taking advice from mystery strangers on the internet may be counter-productive if you'll just end up thinking the clothes won't work for you. Unless you're into collecting things, it's best not to buy stuff that you'll only like on the hangars (or other people). Take a look through the WAYWT threads and look for styles, fits, etc. that you like. Also, it's important to realize that your first steps will be about...
It was my understanding that the Bushacres used synthetic materials while the regular DBs used real things.
First, selvedge and raw are not the same thing, though they often come together, especially with some of the brands discussed on this forum. Raw means unwashed and selvedge refers to how the denim was made/finished. Here's a picture; however, selvedge denim does not necessarily retain that finishing, such as with APC New Cures. You can find a more technical definition of "selvedge" elsewhere on the internet. Anyway, the whole "don't wash your jeans for six months" thing...