or Connect

Posts by jharrison

Quote: Originally Posted by TomW visit your local Nieman Marcus last call store. You can often find very high quality suits in your price range... Duh! There are two nearby. I don't know why I didn't think of that. And I'm hoping they'll have some sort of sale since NM is celebrating their 100th b-day. Quote: Originally Posted by norcaltransplant Purchasing suits at local discounters is viable strategy only if you are a...
I'm looking for under $500. And no worries, I generally stick to 3 buttons.
Hello All, I am treading unfamiliar territory and would appreciate your advice. I am looking for a simple suit that is relatively inexpensive and very durable. I may have to wear it outdoors for extended periods of time, so I'd like it to be cool (as possible) in the summer (I'm in Texas). We're talking single-breasted, 3-4 button, ready-to-wear. Boring, I know. I'm seeking suggestions of fabric, manufacturer, or even a store you may recommend. And what key things...
Aside from buying a Mac (they're virus-free), here's what you can do: 1. Download Ad-Aware here. It will detect and delete spyware/adware better than anything else. 2. As Renault suggested, download Grisoft's free anti-virus software (use his link). It's free AND effective. 3. Download ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm firewall. Window's firewall is pathetic. You can get ZoneAlarm here. 4. You might also consider using an alternative browser. Internet Explorer is full of flaws. I'd...
Anything I know, I've learned from DP Review. It's the most comprehensive and helpful resource for digital photography nuts.
I absolutely detest news sites that require you to give any personal information to view their content. So, here's the full text of the aforementioned article: There is no substitute for engraved writing paper by Corby Kummer | May 01 '01 A few months ago I was browsing through a linen-covered wooden folio of engraved paper in the Rome branch of Pineider, Italy's most elegant stationer. I was revisiting a youthful fascination with lettering and paper"”one that extended...
Now wait a second.... According to my watch, you won't be a year older for another 48 minutes. You're getting ahead of yourself. Just kidding. Happy birthday FIH, it's good to have you around.
Quote: Crane (www.crane.com) may be a good source, although it is quickly becoming declasse. Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean that it's quality is decreasing? Or that it's becoming too common. Quote: What are the recommendations on where to purchase stationary (store or website)? I've been pleased with my limited experience with Crane. And though I haven't used their products, finestationery.com has been recommended to me...
It's wonderful to have you back.
Yes, happy birthday NavyStyles. We've missed seeing you around lately.