or Connect

Posts by JammieDodger

Hi, I want to make a t-shirt for my girlfriend's birthday based on some high-quality images. This isn't meant to be a novelty item, but instead a part of well-thought out gift I've put some effort into, so I'd like to know what the options are. So, does anyone know what the main techniques used in t-shirt printing are and their relative benefits and shortcomings, and any companies worth looking at? Many thanks!
Hi, I have lived in The Netherlands for over a year now (coming from the UK). So, I am quite used to being able to buy some okay fitting tees and stuff from Uniqlo etc. Unfortunately, clothes aren't people's biggest concern here (neither is food, but that's another matter). I was just wondering where I can buy some decent staples, in particular tees? Ideally plain, different colours, maybe some with a few nice graphics... not expensive. I don't want to go to Antwerp, but...
I'm surprised so many are sad of their demise, I have found the cut to be very off. Very boxy and unflattering. Similarly priced Hackett on the other hand seems to have got the cut right.
Just dress like the guys in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1V4mlaF_UU
I don't care for the expensive > less expensive argument (either way). But just wanted to add that for me black shoes have been the least economical, once they're scuffed they look completely stupid. Brown shoes seem to be able to take a bit of scuffing but black I've always just got these white marks showing through (Crockett and Jones).
Summary, I want to dye some Riviera Trousers from Hackett. They're cotton in mint green and I would like to dye them navy probably to cover up some whiskey stains. Longer story: I bought them on Saturday and stupidly wore them to a bar the same day. Anyway, a friend of mine decided to pick up my drink and start dancing but instead of dancing around the drink she held it up and waved it around spilling it on everyone. She did this twice. She also hit a British television...
I bought a cream v-neck sweat from Uniqlo. I have bought previous sweaters from them before so didn't think to try it on. Unfortunately, because this is a lighter colour my shirt underneath shows through (especially the buttons!). Is there any use for this sweater whatsoever? It looks particularly dreadful with a pink shirt underneath, a white shirt less so but still not wearable. Also, consider this a warning
I'm not fond of it, I find it makes me feel down. At best it's mediocre. I just don't see the point. I'd much rather take MDMA, Speed or Ket. All three of which seem far more popular at the parties I go to.
So, about three months ago I became a vegetarian. Various reasons, the usual (is it right to be speciest/ecology/taking a life/etc.). Bittt of a pickle, both my work pairs of shoes (Crockett & Jones) now need resoling. You know, I'm not wearing rubber soles to work, that would be mental. Are there any options out there for vegetarians in terms of both shoemakers and err, some kind synthetic material which doesn't look like crap. I'm guessing not, just have to quit...
I was browsing fabrics in picadilly today. A 150s plain wool navy from Scabal cost £750 for 3 metres. Yet another brand, also 150s was more like £150. So I would like some advice. Does the brand really matter? If it does, I would like a 10oz wool or wool/cashmere blend in navy - any brand recommendations to get 3 metres of that for about £400? Thanks.