or Connect

Posts by True North

I can weigh in. Recently got a shirt done by Mike. I needed a significant taper at the waist and the shirt came out great. Fabric quality is top notch, and fit was 95% bang on the first time around, which was what I was worried about given the fact that he is passing on the work to someone else. Will be buying again, especially given the price. Never had any other MTM shirts before because of the price, but this is much, much better than OTR + taking to a tailor, for my...
I have to throw in a quick plug - I recently got a MTM shirt made by these guys; same thing, they take the measurements here and then ship overseas. They only do shirts. I was skeptical because of the fact that I was getting measured here and the work was getting done by a third party, but the fit turned out amazing, worksmanship was top notch and options given were plentiful. JamesVII.com
IMO the suit looks sharp but I would be quite skeptical to buy a suit, of all things, without trying it on...
I have had the exact same experience as you, with multiple tailors. I insist very, very strongly that all I want them to do is aggresively take in the sides around the waist, and I get the shirts back and they have slimmed down the whole shirts so my back/chest and arms cannot fit in. A few times, if they left enough space inside, I have had them taken back out enough to be wearable. In terms of fixing them, look inside and see if there is extra fabric (at least 3/4...
agree with all, suit was perfectly fitting and fabric looked great
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow OK, you asked and I shall deliver. I had to dig up a GQ article for this one. Here it is, according to this, its like some kind of anti-status symbol, like a status symbol that will actually backfire on you if you use it. "(The style rules) NO-STATUS SYMBOLS: Think you look big patching through a conference call from Starbucks? Think again, bozo. The List: -Bluetooth -Premium economy -Rented...
Lookswise, I like.
Quote: Originally Posted by scruff Please to explain how or why this makes any sense at all. Put me on this list as well, I have no idea what that means. And I always hang my suit jacket while driving. Besides the hip wrinkles, the back is the prime candidate to wrinkle since the full weight of your body pushes it into the seat.
I have seen some implied dislike for centre vents on SF. Besides the supposed American-ness of them, what is the issue aesthetically? I personally like them because I feel that face-on, a lot of side vents suits I try on have more hip flare than I would like, which distracts from a sleek silhouette (not that I am adverse to side vents).
You said you just switched up your style, so part of it is probably that people are not used to seeing you in said clothing so they figure something must be going on (and obviously the fact that most people are slobs). Another thing (and I am not saying this is you), is that some people put on dress clothes and it is apparent that it is not 'them' - as in the clothes are wearing them, not the other way around. People who wear dressier clothing but seem completely...