or Connect

Posts by Tug

hey there mr. melanzane, just ran across your question and thought i'd chime in.i think the simplest answer is that tank top undershirts -- that is -- those tank tops designed to be worn as undershirts, should not be worn by men as outerwear in a social situation.meaning, if you're putting together an outfit, your ribbed tank top / a-shirt / singlet that you wear as an undershirt, should only be worn in that capacity -- under your shirt.if you're dressing to work in the...
this topic has come up on my site many times over the years, and the general consensus is: 1. generally best to keep an undershirt hidden 2. for one with a lot of chest hair or who wants to hide a tattoo, a showing undershirt is better than not 3. wearing a colored undershirt / t-shirt that has a complimentary color to the outer shirt can be a reasonable alternative to a plain white t-shirt 4. if the undershirt does show, it should be clean, and have a crisp collar that...
i've definitely heard that recommendation before as well, but some folks either need or prefer the sweat protection provided by antiperspirants. deodorant keeps you smelling fresh, but does not provide any sweat-protection.in saying that though, i have heard that some guys can experience less sweating after shaving their underarms and switching over to deodorant only. i'm not a heavy sweater in general, so standard antiperspirant protection has always worked for me. i do...
hey jt10000, i just checked my undershirt resource workbook and i show that uniqlo's v-neck front drop on their premium (supima) and heattech undershirts are 7.5". the dry color front drop is only 5.5" so if the airism is anything like the premium or heattech cut, the v-neck collar shouldn't show with two buttons undone. which uniqlo undershirts do you have by chance??
oh, and i forgot to mention that if you're looking for a solution to remove yellow pit stains, you should take a look at either deo-go or raise. i'm pretty sure the deo-go.com website supports shipping to tokyo but i think raise is available on amazon too, so you might be able to get it as well. the only other solution i've heard works pretty good in removing yellow pit stains is if you soak your stains in a highly concentrated oxi-clean/water mixture over night, scrub,...
hey pnewelljr, since you live in tokyo, i would definitely recommend the uniqlo undershirts. from my experience, they make high quality products that are reasonably priced. i have tried their heattech, premium, and dry color undershirts, and they are amongst my favorites. from my research, the airism undershirts are a synthetic blend (i think with polyester), and not too sure about the "dry deodorant" ones, but my guess would be those too are made with some moisture...
if you're looking for wool undershirts, or something semi-equivalent like acrylic, i would recommend you take a look at the following companies to see if they have what you're looking for: icebreaker (merino wool) uniqlo heattech (acrylic) wickers patagonia i've personally tried the uniqlo heattech undershirts, and they are fantastic, but they are designed to keep you warm, and not very effective in keeping you cool. icebreaker by far has the best reputation when it...
Quote: Originally Posted by csc67 Anyone else have thoughts on Pima cotton? hey there csc, you can definitely feel the difference between some regular cotton undershirts and pima cotton undershirts. If you are starting on the low end ($3-$4) per undershirt and compare it to say a $20 pima cotton undershirt, you should notice that the fabric will feel much softer and somewhat silkier. This is because pima is a long staple cotton like...
Quote: Originally Posted by jacson I work in construction and I need a question answered about stains that develop in the underarm of my tee-shirts. The stains are very dark and make the cotton of the tee-shirt stiff and rigid. hey jacson, i'm no expert here, but from what i have seen and read, when the chemicals in some antiperspirants come in contact with sweat and transfer to the underarm area of your shirt, they manifest themselves in...
Quote: Originally Posted by answerme2000 Admittedly it is difficult to find an antiperspirant that won't stain clothing but the good news is.... There is finally a product that works to remove nasty yellow underarm stains!! PitStop is a pre-treatment stain remover that will take away those yellowish/ gray stains and restores shirts to their original color or your money back. You can buy it online at www.armpitstainremover.com yeah, i came...