or Connect

Posts by WN2

Quote: Originally Posted by CMD.EXE Also Moscow is one of the safest cities I've been to, Helsinki has a higher murder rate. Those blood thirsty Finns! Not true. Finland is one of the more violent Western European countries but nothing compared to Russia. Moscow: Murder rate: 9.6 per 100,000 (estimate, 2009?) Helsinki: 2.55 per 100,000 (2008) Homicide rates per 100,000: Russia 12,7 (2009) Finland 2,17 (2005) On topic: I've never...
Effects of nuclear weapons tend to be exaggarated a lot. An all-out nuclear war could certainly devastate Earth but it wouldn't end the world or kill all humans.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD The law isn't exactly equal if it's financially debilitating to one and a penny in the bucket to another. I see the logic of both sides but would be hard pressed to decide which one I think is better. To me, the Scandinavian / Swiss seems more equal in theory, but you also run into the fact that some people have lower income but more wealth, etc. Would have to be based on previous year or current year's income,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 That's interesting: Quite funny actually. We have a similar system in place in Finland, and this is generally well accepted while most people are laughing their ass off when discussing the US legal cases where large punitive damages have been awarded. As far as I can see, the logic is identical, however Americans and Swiss/Finns/Swedes/etc don't understand the other system.
What's the point of having a credit card if one always pays the whole bill? Why not just use a debit card instead? I'd rather pay a few €'s of interest than starve myself until I've paid the balance off. Keyword is of course "a few".
Quote: Originally Posted by savage All i know is that if someone was building walls around me, stopping me at checkpoints every time i have to get food or medical supplies, creating settlements on my land, creating walls between my house and my crops, among other things - I'd do anything i could to stop it. If that means shooting crappy rockets into foreign land, and throwing rocks at the opposing army I would. Gaza has been de facto...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma The odour that cigarettes leave in a room or object has now been renamed “tertiary smoke” and there’s apparently a strong correlation and possible causation between believing in that shit and wanting to ban smoking at home (as in your own fucking living space). Yay! Banning it would be stupid but who smokes at home anyways? I've never met a smoker since 1980 or so who would smoke at his own home. The "odour...
Quote: Originally Posted by redcaimen Why does the disease behave so very differently in africa? Its a curiosity. Probably has something to do with horrible rape statistics in many African countries. If this wouldn't be enough, in some areas people apparently believe that having sex with a virgin will cure AIDS. Here's just one article describing the situation, and SA is one of the more developed countries on the continent:...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Rick Owens & Drkshdw (cept for the pants which are James Perse x Gilt Groupe) Useless trivia of the day: "perse" means "ass" in Finnish
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 To your first point, I'd point out that there's about 700-900 acts of antisemitic and racist violence in France every year, and half of these are violence against people not properties. I would not underestimate the reality and dangerous nature of these ideologies. I don't want to underestimate any extremism, but being a Jew or an Algerian in France is probably several orders of magnitude safer than being...