or Connect

Posts by renegade211

Hi everybody, we've had discussions about North Face, and how it's usually worn by non-ourdoorsy people. So what brands would you consider if you're looking for functional, technical outdoor clothes and equipment? Like a brand that is popular with people who really climb mountains, and designed to work well rather than be fashionable and convey an outdoor image. Preferably something that is mainstream enough to be affordable and readily available, but any...
Munich: Food: - Traditional bavarian: Weisses Bräuhaus, Im Tal (close to Marienplatz/Hofbräuhaus), or Augustinger Keller (the best, on Landsberger Strasse next to S-Bahn stop Hackerbrücke) - great atmoshperic Afghan, a personal favorite: Chopan, Elvirastrasse (north-west of the center, close to Nymphenburger Strasse) Sights: - good views from the top: Church tower of St.Peter ("Alter Peter"), close to Marienplatz. Or take the subway out to the olympic park,...
In Mumbai, you can also check out Burlington for suits and Maharaja's for shirts. Both are inside the Taj Mahal hotel (the famous one, next to the Gateway of India - just step inside and ask an employee). Both are not cheap (for India), but offer good quality. Shirts at Maharaja's are between 1200 and 1600 rupies, a suit at Burlingtons about 15000 rupies. Kachin's has a very good reputation, but I havent tried them myself, since Burlingtons work faster ( and...
So you're wearing casual clothes, not suits, but still want to look elegant? Here's some tips: - Shoes should be the first thing you update. You can wear dress shoes even with jeans. Get some classic brown and black leather shoes, the brand doesn't really matter as long as you keep it classic and without fancy embellishments. - In general, to update a tshirt-and-jeans look towards being more formal, here's the order of what to exchange for a more elegant version:...
Get her to see a dermatologist. My experience (had really heavy acne all through my teenage years): - All creams etc that you find in a drugstore/supermarket are worthless. Frequently washing the skin to keep if from getting oily, and a good diet help a little, but not much. - Vitamin A Acid treatments help, but only as long as you use it, and it's quite aggessive on the skin. - Accutane pills (called roaccutane in some markets) is by far the best way to get rid of...