or Connect

Posts by josepidal

How bad was bad? How did Aportnoy fare?
Has anyone tried wearing a tie with white as a primary color, and with blue or violet geometric shapes or prints? I just saw such a tie and, while it looks pretty on its own, I have no clue how to make it work. I thought it might work only with a white or very light blue or purple shirt, or with a linen suit or sport coat. Summer tie thoughts?
So what exactly does two fingers mean?
No really. If you measure two fingers, does that mean being able to stick two fingers into the collar comfortably, or does it mean you have to be able to insert two fingers perpendicular to your neck between your neck and the collar? How much neck fat can develop from putting on weight? I mean, if your weight fluctuates, how much can your collar size reasonably fluctuate?
Stupid question, but how exactly do you measure one or two fingers of space?
I passed by Chan's in Hong Kong and had a shirt made, and they measured my collar at 17 1/4 (may have gained a little weight since). I went to another tailor in another country who decided to make my collars slightly tighter to make ties stand a bit more, and made these 17 inches. It was a lousy idea and I now have a few dozen shirts whose collars I end up unbuttoning before the end of a day, and I am already asking the tailor to redo the collars even if I have to pay...
eBay did not respond to various reports of inflated shipping and the seller, zadehkicks, had them give me a payment strike.
I don't mind asking to cancel the transaction; I have not paid so there is nothing to refund. In fact, I told the seller I was willing to negotiate a price so he could make a sale. The seller now says can I please send $4 to cover relisting fees and he will cancel the transaction with no strikes. Should I just tell him I'd rather do the dispute with eBay?
Thanks. I made a report of a rules violation due to excessive shipping charges. I'm afraid that eBay being eBay, it will not be picked up since it is not visible on the listing. They will only find a problem if they look at the invoice sent by the seller. I am worried about actually getting caught up in an unpaid item dispute.
I offered to negotiate on the price with him but he refuses and insists I pay or he gets an unpaid strike. How exactly do I do this without risking an unpaid item strike?