or Connect

Posts by josepidal

Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard in my experience, the shrinkage isn't too dramatic Are you able to quantify? This is one area where 1/8 of an inch can make a big difference.
This is someone I met in person and who saw the finished product on me in person during a lengthier overseas visit to a relative. This is also someone I do not trust to predict the fabric's shrinkage. Nice staff, but with limited knowledge. For example, they made a buttondown collar with no tie space (so the collar is pinched and crinkled above the tie knot) and with no space for a roll (so the collar points bend inward at the points and looks stretched tightly over...
Might anyone know which shirtmakers in Singapore stock good fabric (Albini, Alumo, Thomas Mason)? I have a batch from Joe's Tailor and have been generally happy with them. They have a limited supply of Thomas Mason (mostly silverline) from ends. They are also charging me 40% more than what they charged for my last order which is not justified by their very limited fabric selection, so I may have to find another tailor on my next visit to a relative in Singapore (or...
I think it's more the last than the tassels.
Quote: Originally Posted by Burton Sorry gents that is the way I feel. Funny, I posted my stuff as purely my opinion and was slammed as if I wrote "facts." I see many of the Vass shoes as casual (read budapest, peter and new peter last)--you are, of course, free to disagree. Vass' more traditional dress shoes just don't appeal to me. I like a chiseled toe but their toe (their U) is just not to my taste and I don't like theirs on a dress shoe. Their F...
I had some shirts made over a year ago and the collars now feel a bit too tight. The person I spoke to had this idea of making the collars a quarter inch tighter to help ties stand up better, and I foolishly agreed to this. I am considering having the collars in the next batch made a quarter inch wider but I am wary that this will not be enough after shrinkage due to washings. I am also worried that making the collar a half inch wider will be too wide. How much...
By the way, can someone tell us how the wool/silk socks compare to the summer weight cotton socks? I will probably do a test buy, but would like to get a detailed opinion from someone who has both.
Just a quick addition... I own three dozen pairs of Viccel from the original set of colors and just remembered to place my order for the new ones. They are absolutely wonderful light dress socks; if you like the particular shade of one color, then they are perfect. They fit perfectly, they never drop, they did not run in the washing machine or fade (I make sure to air dry them though) and they simply feel luxurious. I have collected samples of everything from Pantherella,...
+1 on Viccel. Absolutely wonderful fitted, thin cotton for the summer.
What are comparable sales for EG? Is the EG sale really getting overpriced?