or Connect

Posts by josepidal

Has anyone bought RM Williams in sandstone? How is it? Does it age like brown leathers?
For the guys who bought boots in kangaroo leather, do you buy in the same width or go one width smaller as recommended at the start of this thread?
Another question... if you have pretty wide feet and are buying RM Willilams more for comfort than for sleekness, would you bother buying black veal calf boots in black for dress boots? Or even try the forum special model at the start of this thread? Or would you just stick to other forum favorites for your dressy shoes?
My buddy bought Tambos and only say "7" under the arch of the foot. I think that's because Tambos come only in one width, which is "X" or extra wide. Does anyone know which RM Williams models come in "X"? I understand there is a Tambo and a Comfort Tambo, which differs because the rest of the boot (not just the sides of the foot) is wider. Do you need a different width for kangaroo skin? Then there's the Queenslander; would the round toe make it fit differently? My...
My buddy bought Tambos and only say "7" under the arch of the foot. I think that's because Tambos come only in one width, which is "X" or extra wide.Does anyone know which RM Williams models come in "X"?I understand there is a Tambo and a Comfort Tambo, which differs because the rest of the boot (not just the sides of the foot) is wider.Do you need a different width for kangaroo skin?Then there's the Queenslander; would the round toe make it fit differently? My friend says...
Thanks, agree with you all!
Does anyone here do contrast color thread on buttons and buttonholes on dress shirts by default? Imagine a medium blue shirt with dark navy blue thread on the buttonholes, and to sew the buttons to contrast against mother of pearl buttons. Or, imagine a blue/white striped shirt with dark blue thread for the button holes and to sew buttons on. I find it very distracting and it seems to be an Asian thing, but does anyone do it? Or should one absolutely forbid one's tailor...
I haven't found a lot of closeup pictures and discussions on this topic and wanted to take a quick poll. I am helping a younger friend (early 30s) with his first tailored blazer. It is intended to be lighter weight, usable as a summer blazer (even in the hot tropics), classic dark navy, single breasted 3 roll 2, relatively formal complete with classic brass buttons but can be dressed down. 1) lining: full, half or quarter? 2) pockets: 3 patch, welt + patch side, welt +...
I've been searching for newer threads on blazer details and thought the most active ones were from around 2009. I was even looking for Manton's old blazer suit thread as the pictures no longer load. Anyone have any pictures or leads to pictures of favorite tailored blazer projects? I am recommending a summer blazer to a friend and am thinking to do a light navy fresco, single breasted, notch lapels, welted breast pocket and patch or flap side pockets, side vents, 3 roll...
What is the quality of crocodile and ostrich RM boots?