or Connect

Posts by josepidal

I have a friend who is designing his own walk in closet as part of a renovation. He wants to put in a number of shallow shelves for small accessories, particularly ties, pocket squares, cuff links and belts. How should he design these? For ties, for example, is it better to have shallow (4 inch) wide drawers and just put folded ties there like you see in store displays? Or should you have small, shallow cubbyholes (3.5 x 3.5 inches) to put rolled ties in?
I've been looking for a less rugged leather messenger bag, something that would be great for long walks or as a book/laptop bag (so I'd want it to fit a reasonably sized hardbound book such as Steve Jobs' bio or a 13" Mac Air, but not be much larger). What do you guys think about: Hermes Steve: Awesome blog post about this messenger bag: http://burbailey.blogspot.com/2010/10/begin-of-another-journey-hermes-steve.html Louis Vuitton Omaha: Anyone know what...
I've been looking for a less rugged leather messenger bag, something that would be great for long walks or as a book/laptop bag (so I'd want it to fit a reasonably sized hardbound book such as Steve Jobs' bio or a 13" Mac Air, but not be much larger). What do you guys think about: Hermes Steve: Awesome blog post about this messenger bag: http://burbailey.blogspot.com/2010/10/begin-of-another-journey-hermes-steve.html Louis Vuitton Omaha: Anyone know what...
Thanks for the tip! I went to Jack's but gut feel told me it was a cut below the Cab I saw in San Cristobal. I found Cab four blocks away and it was great stuff. The weird thing is they only made practically three models, with the difference solely in fabric (polycotton, Japanese linen, pure cotton and pure Irish linen). The cheapest is 950 Mexican pesos. I think the traditional model (four pockets and long sleeves, two narrow lines of pleats) is about 1,800 Mexican pesos...
What's the best place to get guayaberas in Merida? Different for formal and casual ones?
Would you know if they make MTM or bespoke on short notice? You're right, these don't seem to be the type you find in a market.
I just scored a set of guayaberas in San Cristobal in Chiapas, Mexico at Cab Guayaberas Finas in the center of town. Prices were M$800-950 for linen and M$550-600 for cotton. I received an 18% discount off retail after nearly making the store manger cry (with broken Spanish). Anyone have feedback about this brand? I think it might be a rebrand as there are different brand tags on the shirts sold inside the store. Some lines seemed inferior to others. Everything I got...
To be clear, I am considering buying a hat as a souvenir but ideally would use it if travelling in colder cities where one would walk outdoors a bit. If I am buying something, I figure I may as well buy a nice one, even if I will not use it regularly. I guess I am wondering if there is any cowboy hat that is not so over the top I might consider buying it.
I found myself in Texas and wanted to get a souvenir. I soon found myself with a pair of Lucchesse Classics roper ostrich hide boots. I thought this was a great choice as the ostrich in a nice brown shade is more unusual (and memorable for me) than leather but not so bling or pimp as alligator. I also got the more normal shoe heels of roper boots (instead of the 3-inch or higher heels of classic cowboy boots) as I have serious doubts these boots will ever meet a stirrup. I...