or Connect

Posts by new obsession

I have trolled through a bunch of posts and can't figure it out, but perhaps I have become search function impaired by not having hing around here for a while. Does anyone know if CT still does their 50% new customer thing? If so, anyone have the latest code?
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurston My sizing experience generally runs counter to the SF norms. I agree that RL dress shirts, for instance, are incredibly full through the body, but I find their sweaters to fit much more snugly while everyone else calls them huge. Maybe sizes run truer as they get larger? I'm 6'-0, 200 lbs and generally wear a size 44 or large. I grabbed a Sterlingwear coat in 46. We'll see. It will fit or it won't. If I return...
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth Did they mention the turnaround time for your new suit? Honestly, no, I didn't ask, but in retrospect, given the difficulties people have had getting shirts, that is very likely to bite me in the a**. Somehow I had gotten the impression it would not take very long, but I can't tell you why. We shall see...
I called a few minutes ago. They asked for my last order number, which I did not have. They then asked for my last name, and proceeded to quote me my first name, as well as the color and pattern of the suit I bought. I told them I wanted the same thing in Navy Blue with a slightly lighter weight (I described it as 'more for summer'). They asked me how I wanted to pay, I volunteered my credit card number, which was accepted. They then asked it if I wanted it shipped to...
Quote: I hate to pour cold water over your idea, but I don't think it'll work well. Getting something done at Jantzen generally requires a lot of follow-ups. Quality control is a big issue there. Given that you're not based in HK, I am concerned that you will have to ship the item back and forth a few times in order to get it right (and even then they may not get it right). If the changes needed are anything like they were when I was there in person,...
I was thinking about that. Wondering if it would be better to send the fabric or let them use theirs. I figured that they might be more amenable to doing it if they got to use their own fabric.
Last time I was in HK I had a bunch of shirts made at Jantzen, along with one suit. The suit is by far the best bang for my buck I have ever encountered. I like the fit, and the material has held up well. I would like to have another one made... Here is my thought. I have a blue suit that I really like, but there is a hole in the trousers which is un-repairable. (The fabric wore out and essentially became see-through in the crotch.) I was thinking of fed-exing the...
I got the e-mail with the 50% off in-store, but they say 50% off full price. Used to be able to get 50% off the current ticketed price, which was always discounted off the full, by using one of these codes. That would put the price of one of their three button suits down to about $250. Anyway, anyone have one, or know if you can get them to give you 50% off sale prices in the store? Or am I just clinging to the old heyday of CT, where almost anything was possible?
Quote: if you would rather throw them away, thats cool Nah, I'm in your camp.
Quote: never dry wet shoes in the sun ! I don't think Tarmac meant for the shoes to be wet when put in the sun. Just that the sunlight and heat would help to clean the mold. I can't imagine that leaving a pair of shoes in the sun for a few hours would hurt them any more than wearing them in the sun for a few hours. Now if they are truly wet, that changes things, and I would liken it to drying wet shoes next to a heater....not the best idea!