or Connect

Posts by Unit 91

My concern was there was some type of a core inside the sole of a different material that had been exposed. I figured it all out and there isn't any permanent damage. It actually appears to be a transfer from whatever caused the gouge in the first place. The lesson here is to not panick about random crap when it's late and you're tired. Don't post about it early in the morning, either. Sorry to waste time. Thanks for the replies, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac A scratch??? You are going to need new soles on both left and right shoe. send to AE, along with $135 money order No, not a scratch. It's a very deep gouge in the edge. Come on... I wouldn't bother posting about a scratch. distinctive, yes I'm sure. This is in the edge of the shoe near the toe cap. I was just concerned about the blue color I saw. I'll look more tonight. Not really sure what it could be. It...
The only bit that was bothering me was the light blue color. It's deep enough that I don't want it to be an issue (water or something creeping into the leather). Thanks! Character it is.
I was shining a pair of AEs last night and noticed a gouge on the edge of the left shoe. It's fairly deep and there is a light blue color at the center. NO idea how it even happened. I put edge dressing on it, but it doesn't seem to have covered the problem. Is this something that can be fixed without new soles or am I going to have to have them resoled? I don't have any pictures, sorry. I'm hoping someone here will know what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.
I have a pair that have either a 'W' or 'M' branded both in the sole and inside of each shoe. I'd imagine they are seconds. I don't know if that is standard for AE to do or not. Worth every penny I paid, though.
When is this? I'm within walking distance of a Nordstroms. No gas expense makes it worth checking out.
I actually wore a Steve & Barry's button down 'dress' shirt to work today. The buttons on the cuffs aren't sewn on evenly, which absolutely bothers my OCD. Others probably would never notice, but I sure did and at the beginning of the day. Material is 'meh'. Looks awesome for $9.00. Nine dollars. Perfect shirt for Fridays when I can get away with not wearing a tie. Not a bad casual shirt. At the price I paid if it falls apart after two wears I feel my money was well spent.
Quote: Originally Posted by bkk I can't agree more about Tungsten. I've had mine for a year, and also do not have a scratch. The ring has been through workouts, scraped along the cement at the pool, and just about anything else you could think of. Its a great conversation piece due to its "rarity" as a wedding band. I work with hand tools almost constantly. I spent the first year of my marriage working as a production manager (fancy way of...
They JUST opened a store local to me two weeks ago. Had a sale where everything in the place was under $9. Not horrible quality. Not amazing. Bought a few casual button up shirts. Mostly stuff you'd expect to find on vacation ("I'm a virgin but this is an old shirt"). SJP happens to offer stuff my wife likes. Looks like we'll be heading that way for one last hurrah! They also offer ties that are worth a single wear. At least I've had that much luck with 'em.
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/tr-2096.html Tungsten-carbide. I really like it. Not a single scratch in almost 3yrs.