or Connect

Posts by JohnnyCrockett

Glad to have found this thread. So what is the consensus - Madame Paulette or Hallak for a good suit pressing (by hand)? Has anyone used Alpian's on 48th Street for this?
Just bought a new pair of Chelseas - 82, black. Needed a pair of classics. For the first time, I decided to forgo buying EG trees. Was this a bad decision? Would a pair of regular full heel/split toe Woodlore trees be in any way worse for the shoes than using the EG lasted trees? If the EG trees are a must, then where is the best place to buy (i.e., least expensive)? Sorry for the large image.
I'm sorry I'm late to this thread. I used Peter Lee a few years ago and loved his work. Who is Lai Sifu? Was he Peter Lee's tailor? If I go back to Peter Lee, will his quality be the same as it always was or is he using a different maker now? Sorry if this has already been answered. I couldn't find it.
I have a very similar question. I've loved my APC Original Standards (same as NS but 1.5" higher rise) for 5 years. I basically want another pair but the OS has been discontinued for 2 or 3 years now. Key is that I want/need a rise that's 11" or higher. I just don't find lower-rise jeans comfortable. What brands should I look at for similar fit and aesthetic to APC? I want zero if any detailing (no pocket stitching, nothing weird or branded), denim of similar hue to APC,...
The thing that shouldn't be forgotten is that you can actually go to a Vass store (if you find yourself in Budapest, mind you) and try on 10-20 pairs of shoes until you find exactly the last, size, and style that fits you best. The service is incredible. They have a huge inventory at their main store, which is simply not the case for the EG or C&J "flagship" stores (London, Paris, NY) and certainly isn't the case for high end multi-brand retailers (Leffot, Leather Soul,...
I do not think this is correct.I've worked with Rezso on two MTM orders in the past year, the first one was placed with him, in person, in Budapest and the other over phone/email as recently as last month. He was highly responsive, service was great, and the shoes are wonderful. No discussion of needing to go through a US retailer (do those even exist for Vass?).
Nope. These are full price, not sale.
Yep, I agree that they look way too light...but I doubt the London store would tell me the wrong color. They don't even stock this shoe in any colors other than black and dark oak. Am I to conclude that this is from a weird batch of dark oak hides? Or is the photo just really, really off?
The EG London shop sent me this photo and say that this is Dark Oak. Is it from an odd "dye lot" or something? The color looks way more like Burnt Pine to me. I am used to Dark Oak looking more like this: Obviously I don't think the London shop is lying..but is this shoe just made with a much lighter hide? Or is it the lighting? Do Dark Oak shoes just darken with age and polishing?
Is one of them "technically" more formal?