or Connect

Posts by NYCESQ

For everyone's peace of mind, I can assure you that there was only one (1) pair of RL Lindrick boots left in the store as of approx 8:00 pm last night, before I posted. It was the last pair that they had in stock. It was the pair that had one shoe displayed in the store window. I know this, because I brought my friend to C21 for the sole purpose of buying a pair, but there were no others. Since the size 10 did not fit him, we walked up and down the aisles searching 9's...
The Lindricks are brown shell cordovan. There's one shoe in the window, but if you inquire, the manager can get you the box with the other shoe. I know this because my friend tried on the shoe in the window, and was told that it was for sale and that the other shoe was available.
PSA - Century 21 (Downtown Manhattan) men's shoe department just got in some great shoes in the past week. Last week I picked up a pair of RL Lindrick boots for $299. (BTW -there is one pair of Lindricks left - they are size 10 and on display in the store window). Today I was in there and saw approx 40 pair of Zegna shoes (all sizes and styles, including many from the Zegna Couture XXX range) displayed on a table in the front of the store with a "new arrivals" sign. ...
I just spoke to Nick regarding my query from yesterday. Excellent customer service. He is a real gentleman, and took the time to explain everything that I wanted to know about my shoe repair. Ultimately, I was charged the correct price. I have used B. Nelson for approximately 3 years (at least 10 shoe repairs). They have always done an excellent job, and I will continue to use them for the foreseeable future.
I have a question for anyone who may know. Are B. Nelson and VIP Shoe Restorers the same entity or do they merely share space inside the same shop? The reason that I ask, is because earlier today I dropped off a pair of shoes for sole and heel replacement. I asked if there's a difference between B. Nelson and VIP, and was told that they are the same thing. However, I was quoted a price of $195 for J.R. soles and rubber sole guards. However, the B. Nelson website...
Here's a picture of my formal dress watch. I picked it up for a fantastic price. (It was purchased couple of years ago at a time when it was on sale AND Bing Shopping had a 50% cashback offer going on simultaneously, plus free shipping and no tax). I don't wear it too often, but it always draws compliments.
On Saturday, I ducked into Daffy's on W.44th Street because I had to use a restroom. (I didn't even know there was a Daffy's in Times Square). Anyway, I was there very briefly, but I did notice that they had some good suit values: 5 Isaia's ($699), 2 Raffaele Caruso's ($399), and 2 Pal Zileri's ($299). Most were sizes 40 and 42.
I stopped into Century 21 in lower Manhattan this evening. They are having a clearance sale on Suits and Sportcoats, and just increased the clearance discount to 75% off. They have a rack of light grey Brioni suits still available in various sizes for $2,000 less 75% = $500. Additionally, there were a few Kiton suits still left in smaller sizes, and I counted approximately 15 Kiton Sportcoats in various sizes. I was fortunate enough to pick up a phenomenal, perfect...
Quote: Originally Posted by bewing77 One wonders if sales staff realizes how much potential business they are loosing by doing this. I mean, a pair of shoes is one thing, same thing happened when I bought my last car. Went to the local BMW dealer dressed quite casually in jeans, a polo shirt and sneakers and even though there where no other customers in there no sales staff even gave me a second look and where more concerned with drinking coffee. I left...
Several years ago, I was in London on a business trip. I decided that I was going to drop a wad of cash on fine English shoes. However, my foot size is slightly wider than an American EEE, so I was disappointed, as I could not find the brands that I was looking for in my size. Then, I walked into a Barker shop. Although I had never heard of the Barker brand before, I was pleasantly surprised by the fit and quality of their highest end offerings. I purchased several...