or Connect

Posts by JeffsWood

I may have to grab two. Their non iron really does not need an iron and for that I like having on in light blue (wear with just about anything) when needed. I am not sure on size though, does anyone have measurements of the slim fit? I wear a 16neck and I 40r-42 jacket.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Im not sure that $2K for a suit and $400 for shoes would be considered small timer. This is not my average price, but my top end I will spend. I much more likely to get a $2K piece for $500 of the buy and sell, though I do have a few suits I paid $2K for
Over all not bad at all for the money. The shoulders are too wide, arms too wide. For $200 I would not worry too much about and get him to make number II for you. Too bad about it being fused, for more money does he do a canvassed version?
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt Century 21 does have its moments. If you can make it out to Jersey there are a few good locations out there plus Daffy's, Filene's Basement, etc. that CAN have good selections for steep discount and no sales tax. Paramus comes to mind. Filene's in the city will sometimes have amazing stuff, like Kiton/Brioni/Borrelli, etc., but it's often hit or miss with all of these discount stores. I guess it really depends on...
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger You could try Century 21, but you'll have better luck looking for sales. Century is a little crazy, and I don't even want to think about that place around the holidays, and their stuff tends to be the stuff that shops can't sell...take that for what its worth. What specifically are you looking for? I'm in NY and pretty much at your spending level. You could get some custom shirts done while your...
I am visiting NYC at the end of the month, I would enjoy doing a bit of shopping. I am sort of a small timer with $2k being the most I spend on a suit and $400 my top end for shoes, but most of my stuff is about half that or less (thank you B & S). What are the places I have to hit, most likely for Shoes, Ties, Dress Shirts maybe a watch.
Moved
Quote: Originally Posted by Listi I definitely don't have an issue going into shops, if I'm asked if I need help I will state "Just browsing today, not looking for anything in particular." Honestly, they should want people in their shops. Because if you see things that you like, even if you don't buy them... maybe you come back around sale time and pick something up, or when you want to treat yourself. Also, I've definitely made friendly conversation...
Quote: Originally Posted by planaport Dry cleaned this particular suit for the first time and noticed that there is 2 wrinkles right near the button. My question is whether this can easily be fixed with an iron or this this more complex and the problem exists because the way the suit is built. Possibly a layer underneath can be creating the wrinkle. Thanks in advance. Btw its much worse than the picture looks. Is this a fused suit?
Are you going be in the next NBA draft? If so this is no brainer as you would require a 4 button jacket.