or Connect

Posts by Phrost

I saw the jacket online too. It looks great from the pictures. I usually prefer welt pockets on these jackets, but the flap pockets look pretty good. I wish the men's version had snaps as well. Curious, what's the difference in fabric between the men's and women's version?
Damn HBO is taking down streams... From the highlights, it looked like the guy was severely outclassed. It's clear Andre has some pop from his fights with Dawson and the Cuban guy. Could he have knocked the guy out if he really tried? More importantly, will Andre come into the Kovalev fight with his head shaved or rock the taper fade? I'm taking bets!
How did Ward look in his tune up fight? Did he show us anything that would change our predictions leading up to the Kovalev fight? Is he better or worse since growing his hair out?
Raf Simons dude,Maybe you can give me some insight, since you own a lot of Raf Simons clothes...Was Raf's fabrics and textile choices always trash? I've owned some early (2001) and later (2008) stuff from him and while they were interestingly constructed, I noticed that his choice of fabrics were poor.I've come to think that he selects his fabrics foremost for color and texture rather than comfort or quality. I don't really think he wears his clothes, because if he did,...
I haven't spent that much on repairing my favorite pair of $25 Uniqlo jeans, but at least twice over. Three of my jeans that I rotate are in need of repair again I'm guessing you get them patched with old pieces of denim at the tailor like I do?Anyone have experience having their jeans darned by guys like Self Edge? I always thought that $40 to get jeans repaired was too much, but it's worth it if it really lasts.Another topic...IMO, Raf has fallen off so much since his...
I ended up buying the bomber in navy. It fits me pretty well and has some nice details (shoulder darts for instance).It's slightly cropped and hits about 4 inches past my hip bone. Wearing a regular length t-shirt, I see about 1.5 inches of shirt wearing the jacket.The jacket has a light poly filling in the body and sleeves that gives it a little weight. It actually feels pretty cozy worn. I think it will be comfortable for the fall and early winter in NYC. I like that it...
So I'm interested in making some ties using Grenadine Grossa silk. I got a quote from both producers, and the Bianchi silk is a few dollars more per meter. There's also different minimum requirements from both producers, with Bianchi requiring a larger minimum. I was curious whether there are differences between the two producers, whether it's the weaves or something else? Does one producer specialize in making a better Grenadine Grossa than the other? Also, does...
Thanks for replying. So are all glasses that have front mounted rivets barrel hinged? Do barrel hinges function similar to a door hinge, in that they have a limited range of motion? Am I correct in assuming that rivets and the extra piece of metal hinge joining the frame and arms would not work on spring hinges? They wouldn't be able to flex, right? Is one construction better than the other, or are certain methods better suited for different purposes?
sharkrunner, do those multi-barrel (5-7) hinged sunglasses also spring hinged? Do they flex when worn or do you need to buy the right temple width?
From everything that I have read, his parents have nothing to do with this fraud. He's an adult. Any financial compensation rests solely on him. Let his dinners at Michelin star restaurants, vintage liquor purchases, and trips to Japan foster your hatred. I know some of you guys visit or are close to S. Korea...