or Connect

Posts by Phrost

Thanks for replying. So are all glasses that have front mounted rivets barrel hinged? Do barrel hinges function similar to a door hinge, in that they have a limited range of motion? Am I correct in assuming that rivets and the extra piece of metal hinge joining the frame and arms would not work on spring hinges? They wouldn't be able to flex, right? Is one construction better than the other, or are certain methods better suited for different purposes?
sharkrunner, do those multi-barrel (5-7) hinged sunglasses also spring hinged? Do they flex when worn or do you need to buy the right temple width?
From everything that I have read, his parents have nothing to do with this fraud. He's an adult. Any financial compensation rests solely on him. Let his dinners at Michelin star restaurants, vintage liquor purchases, and trips to Japan foster your hatred. I know some of you guys visit or are close to S. Korea...
RIP Ali. Even though he was before my time, I can understand and appreciate the impact he had on American culture. I think throughout its history, boxing's popularity has ebbed and flowed. He was one of the few boxers who was able to transcend the sport to become a global cultural icon. There's been reports that Golovkin is looking to move up to 168 lbs. I know that Golovkin wants to unify all the belts at 160, but in my eyes, he's been the undisputed Middleweight champ...
I hope Ward vs Kovalev gets made this year. Andre needs at least one more tune up fight before stepping in with Kovalev. Most people see it as a 50-50 fight, but I'm leaning towards Ward. Ward has shown that he can fight at all 3 ranges: outside, mid, and inside. I've only seen Kovalev fight on the outside, while Andre has shown more dimensions to his game. It will be interesting to see if Ward can close the distance and bully Kovalev on the inside, making it a rough...
Sunglasses guru Tsujigiri, Has anyone figured out what sunglasses Cary Grant wore in North by Northwest? The rivets look to have a double diamond pattern. Some people think they're from an Italian brand because of the thicker temples. There was an article saying they weren't Tart Arnels. The nose bridge and the lens on Grant's look more rounded versus the Tart Arnels. The ones Grace Kelly wore look similar to Grant's, but oversized and rounder. The double diamond rivet...
Man, it sucks this happened. I remember when TOJ was still in its infant stages, with the first prototype varsity to the leather jackets. I still remember suggesting to Drew in the superfuture thread to source genuine horn buttons for his prototype peacoat. Now this.... My suggestion to the mods is to edit the first post of this thread with a link to a consolidated Google Doc listing all of the people who still haven't gotten their jackets. It would be a lot more...
The Petit New Standards fit a little looser compared to Petit Standards - roughly 1/2 inch larger in the front rise, 1/4 inch larger in the thigh and about 1/4 inch larger in the knee and leg opening. Measure your Dior 19cm and compare those measurements to the size charts listed on the Context site I linked above. APC jeans are vanity sized, so a size 30 really measures out to 31 inches. In my experience, they stretch out 2 inches when worn - so I would buy them 2 or 3...
from the exactitudes photo compilation titled "Supporters - Rotterdam 1997" really recommend checking out this photo series. really interesting compilation of what people have been wearing over the past 18-something years not part of the compilation, but 10+ years later
For me, the Helmut ones were the grail for MA-1s. They were an interesting balance between traditional and modern aesthetics, since they retained the some of the volume and short cut of the original MA-1 pattern, but added signature HL signatures like the inner straps so you could hang the jacket on your back like a backpack I don't see it too often, but traditional MA-1s and other repro bomber jackets generally use double knit ribbing on the cuffs, where the top of the...