or Connect

Posts by Phrost

Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one no offense to anyone on here if they're invested, but that norse projects thing is junk, it's worth more than a hundred bucks but doesn't look like it. The problem with selling outers is that I want to sell really fancied out pieces for what is basically their cost, and so suggestions have to go that way; show me what you like that costs $2000 and I can swag on that. What about a single breasted...
I like this, save for the pockets. APC F/W 2011
Roland G. Murphy (RGM) 222 US assembled and made using vintage Hamilton pocketwatch movements. Option for brown alligator strap Manual wind - 41 mm 945 - $3,750 921 - $4,500
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one I've actually never eaten a banh mi, even though I ate pho at least 3-5 times a week in college. :\\ They just didn't have any around where I lived, and there's none where I live here. I have a feeling I'd enjoy one thoroughly, though, seems to be everything I like, and more. It's a good sandwich with a lot of flavor. The freshness from the cucumber and cilantro with the sweet and tangy pickled...
Anyone have experience sizing the Straight Tip Balmorals (Model #907) in the Hampton last? I tried them on in store and I fit exactly 1 size smaller than my usual shoe size. Was it a fluke or does the shoe run small for other people too?
Quote: Originally Posted by wj4 Networking is key. I'm actually reaching out to my old professors to help me find graduating students/recent grads that need jobs. Apparently a lot of these kids want 6 figure income to be spoon fed to them right off the bat. The $23/hour I'm offering isn't good enough for fresh out of college kids with no experience. This makes me angry. I would jump at the chance to earn some very decent money. I'm...
^the lambswool crew/v-neck sweaters for $30 are pretty good. i don't think the cardigans are worth the extra $10 though. i thought the lambswool would be itchy but they're pretty comfortable. you should stick to the lighter colors - light gray, royal blue - the black and navy wools have a lot of discolored impurities/lint fyi - i had to size down one in the sweaters. i'm a standard medium in uniqlo and i had to take a small. the medium ran baggy in the sleeves for me....
i'm looking at the uk site and everything is marked down 10-40 pounds while ny is still retail anyone who's looking to buy cashmere sweaters from uniqlo, spend the extra money and get the more expensive ($150) middle gauge ones on sale. they're more substantial and feel nicer. the $100 ones that are on sale this week for $60 are really thin and light/flimsy. feels really cheap tbh
I never give gifts, but you seem like you've got a great thing going for you. I like the idea of giving inexpensive regional stuff local to where you're from (food, maple syrup, cheese, wine) along with the peanut butter/reeses/nutella. That stuff can act as mini gifts for the parents as well. You should splurge a bit on the wallet that she wants and get her a larger sized soft textured/patterned scarf that she can wrap around (think stephan schneider scarves). Or if...
H&M Easy Iron shirts fit me really well. For ~$15, they are pretty good beater shirts for unbuttoned casual workplaces. Instead of darts, these shirts have two felled seams running down the back from shoulder yoke to shirt tail. When worn, they're noticeable but not bad imo. The shirts have high armholes, slim sleeves, and square cuffs. They have small straight collars that I have to leave unbuttoned. IMO, these small collars only look good on guys with smaller...