or Connect

Posts by Phrost

I never give gifts, but you seem like you've got a great thing going for you. I like the idea of giving inexpensive regional stuff local to where you're from (food, maple syrup, cheese, wine) along with the peanut butter/reeses/nutella. That stuff can act as mini gifts for the parents as well. You should splurge a bit on the wallet that she wants and get her a larger sized soft textured/patterned scarf that she can wrap around (think stephan schneider scarves). Or if...
H&M Easy Iron shirts fit me really well. For ~$15, they are pretty good beater shirts for unbuttoned casual workplaces. Instead of darts, these shirts have two felled seams running down the back from shoulder yoke to shirt tail. When worn, they're noticeable but not bad imo. The shirts have high armholes, slim sleeves, and square cuffs. They have small straight collars that I have to leave unbuttoned. IMO, these small collars only look good on guys with smaller...
uniqlo is fine but they have a really limited selection of colors. i'm looking for solid colors and they don't even stock a basic light blue
Anyone have recommendations on a slim fitting straight collar no chest pocket shirt for tucking in? Basically I want apc or jil sander shirts for ~$50 - no back pleats, slim sleeves, rounded cuffs, and maybe back darts. Express fitted shirts with the back darts fit me well in the body but I don't like the pointed collars and the sleeves are a little long. This is basically the shirt i want but i'm looking to spend $50ish Are there any shirts in my price range that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrost i took a suit jacket to LNC today to get the sleeves shortened and the waist taken in a bit. he quoted me $65 which sounds like a good deal? i never had alterations done before so i don't know. hopefully everything comes out alright. stopped by today because i wasn't sure about the sleeves. to my surprise, he already put in basting stitches and the sleeve length looks great. to people who have gone to...
what do you guys normally tip your tailors?
i took a suit jacket to LNC today to get the sleeves shortened and the waist taken in a bit. he quoted me $65 which sounds like a good deal? i never had alterations done before so i don't know. hopefully everything comes out alright.
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctor People tell me I look like I'm in the airforce, which is kind of what I was hoping to acheive (not that I want to be in the airforce - just the jacket to be a close replica). this is what i don't want if i get a brown bomber also i've been wearing white sneakers latetly and i don't think they would look good with a brown bomber willy do you own a toj leather?
can someone who owns a brown leather post a pic from the gallery that matches the color of the leather and ribbing closest irl? i'm thinking brown would look the best on a bomber, but i want to stay away from a repro a-2
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarium Yeah 23" in the front. If you like that length, you'll be happy to note that ToJ seems to be moving towards longer jackets in the varsity and bomber, having added 1" to them since the original design, I believe. I actually think the shoulders are fine - or close enough for hand grenades and horseshoes anyway. My posture and the stiffer, brand-new calf leather push the shoulders out a bit when it isn't zipped to the...